If you have kids, you already know how much unrelenting work they can be. But if you’re the McGhee family, you can multiply that work times six. The high school sweethearts from Columbus, OH are the parents of septuplets who are now 3 years old. (One daughter died at birth.) Fortunately for parents Mia and Rozonno, Oprah Winfrey loved the family so much after having them on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” that she offered them a show on the OWN Network. “Six Little McGhees” has its second season debut on Saturday, September 7 at 10 p.m./9 central. The Tom Joyner Morning Show checked in with the McGhees to see how they’re doing:
TJMS: How’s it going for you with the six little kids?
Rozonno McGhee: Oh it’s going. They’re off the hook. They are off the hook!
You got six kids at one time.
Rozonno: God is good!
Have you had the chance to get romantic since? How do you manage that?
Rozonno: Oh yeah, absolutely. Every now and then you have to call the grandparents to come over and watch the kids so you can go out and dance and have a good time. Not all the time because they’re three. My parents don’t like coming over like that no more. [The kids] ain’t cute and cuddly no more.
If you didn’t have this TV show on OWN, how would you manage the diapers and milk – does your carpet cleaning business sustain you with the bills you have now?
Rozonno: Ask God because I do not know.
How is the carpet cleaning business?
Rozonno: The carpet cleaning business is doing well. It’s doing good. Me and my wife are partners, I listen to her; there’s no argument when it comes to business.
They say working with family is really a problem. You hired members of your family to work with you, right?
MIa: We learned our lesson not to do that again.
What about babysitters?
MIa: We have grandparents. We have good friends and other family members but grandparents are really good. You’ll see on this season. As the kids got older, the group diminished. They come and just visit now.
Have you thought about putting six kids through college?
Rozonno: College is always on the back of our mind. That’s why we work every day. And thank God for Oprah, she gave us a shout out and our business turned around.
Mia and Rozonno McGhee are back with a season full of their six adorable two year olds in tow! As parents to rapidly growing sextuplets, they’re taking on both parenthood and a growing family business with a little less help than usual, all while trying to keep their sanity. Tune in for the season premiere of 6 Little McGhees on Saturday, September 7th at 10/9c.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25