5. THE BLACKLIST (NBC) Premise: Hannibal Lecter like psychopath helps FBI catch most wanted fugitives with the help of a female agent he has no connection to. Premiere: Monday, September 23 at 10 p.m. Reasons to Watch: Harry Lennix, James Spader Critics Say: Surprisingly good.
6. IRONSIDE: (NBC) Premise: Underwood plays a New York detective who is paralyzed on the job; it’s an update of the famous 70’s show starring Raymond Burr. Premiere: Wednesday, October 2, 10 p.m. Reason to Watch: Blair Underwood. Critics Say: Well, they were underwhelmed, but Blair is looking so daggone sexy, even in a wheelchair, that we were ready to DVR.
7. GANG RELATED (Fox) Premise: Former gangbanger helps cops stop Asian, Black and Latino gang activity Premiere: 2014 Reasons to Watch: The RZA, Sang Kang of “Fast and Furious” fame, Terry O’Quinn of “Lost” and Ramon Rodriguez. Critics Say: Who cares, the trailer was explosive and if it’s all about multiethnic gangs, we’re in.
8. ALMOST HUMAN (Fox): Premise: Futuristic cop show puts human partner with artificially created partner. Premiere: Monday, November 4 at 8 p.m. Reason to Watch: Michael Ealy. Critics Say: Creator J. J. Abrams (“Fringe, Alias”) track record should help it find an audience.
9. THE ARSENIO HALL SHOW (syndicated, check local listings) Premise: The late night party host of the 90’s is back. Premiere: Monday, September 9 at 10 p.m. Reason to Watch: Arsenio and his guests. Critics Say: Nothing yet, but there’s a ton of competition in late night nowadays. However, Hall’s 10 p.m. time slot may help him rise above it.
10. CRISIS (NBC) Premise: A group of wealthy teenagers including the president’s son, are kidnapped. Premiere: February 2014 Reasons to Watch: Lance Gross, “The X Files”‘ Gillian Anderson Critics Say: Hard to figure how it will play out over several seasons but looks interesting.