Divas, anyone? The first part of the “R&B Divas: L.A.” reunion kicks off tonight at 10 p.m. on TV One. Talk show host Wendy Williams, arguably TV’s head diva, is the hostess. After all the drama that took place on the show this year, would weaves and wigs be flying around the set? Maybe, but Williams kept the drama close to her, uh, chest, this morning on the Tom Joyner Morning Show.
“Here are a couple of things that I learned. I’ll start with the good,” Williams said. “Chante Moore is such a lovable, nice lady who reminds me of a person I’d be friends with in another life. Because she’s so daggone pretty and she’s been around for so long, and I hate myself for thinking this, but I thought she was going to act light-skinned. I say that in a joking way. I thought she was going to be a mean type of woman.”
Instead, Moore the 40-something singer who just released a new studio album “Moore is More” has gotten a chance to showcase her prodigious vocal talent which has gone underrated for years. “R&B Divas” also showed Moore on good terms with ex-husband Kadeem Hardison, the father of her daughter. Things were not so good with her second ex-husband Kenny Lattimore, who sued her for custody of their son during the show. Wendy says she was just as surprised by the actions of Kelly Price.
“That show exposed Kelly Price, and you’ll see it unfold tonight, exposed Kelly Price for being a mean girl, a bully, a do-it-my-way-or-don’t do it at all kind of girl. You’ll see more of what she says tonight. And Dawn from EnVogue – that whole EnVogue movement was supposed to be about power and strength for women. And I know each of them lent something different to the group. She might not have been a lead singer but to me she was necessary to the group, diva down, tough girl. “R&B Divas” exposed her as being weak as water.”
Williams says that the “R&B Divas: L.A. Reunion” was not as dramatic as some others given that everyone was sober during the taping.
“The girl’s glasses were just props, nobody was drinking much to my dismay. They maintained their composure. But you’ll see how it all unfolds. I was sitting there with a dry glass the whole time waiting for them to drink up so I could go in. All the girls looked lovely and we did get some resolution at the end. It was an interesting time catching up with those girls from a particular era.”
Williams has no idea if the show is coming back to TV One or with who, but when asked who she’d vote off, she says Dawn for sure. As for the reigning diva of daytime? Her eponymous talk show returns on Monday September 16th. How you doin?
R&B Divas LA Reunion show 2 30 from TV One, LLC on Vimeo.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25