A: It’s not bad.
Q: No, really it’s not.
A: It’s a rental, though. You know, I rent.
Q: It is a rental, but it’s okay.
A: Yeah. It’s only a short term lease.
Q: But it’s okay.
Q: You’re here. (Chuckle)
A: There you go.
Q: Let’s hone in on the Affordable Care Act. A lot of people are; hey, I don’t know what’s going on. There’s this confusion. I hear one thing, I see another thing. There are ads saying that my insurance will go somewhere, you know, in the deep blue yonder. How do we, and I guess passionately, tell them; hey, if you have insurance, you’re cool. If you don’t have insurance we have a better way for you.
A: Well, you did just describe it, but there’s been a lot of misinformation, most of its political, paid for by either the Republican Party, or various conservative groups. But the truth is the Affordable Care Act, Obamacare, is real straight forward. If you’re already on Medicare, if you’re on Medicaid, if your employer provides you with health insurance, you don’t have to do anything. All it does is it provides you more protection and more benefits. For example, insurance companies can’t impose lifetime limits on you, so if you got really sick, or a member got really sick, they couldn’t just cut you off at a certain point. It allows young people, for example, to stay on their parents’ healthcare plan up to the age of 26. So, you know, for a lot of young people, when they first get out of school, they may get a job that doesn’t provide health insurance. Well, now they’re going to be protected. But if you don’t have health insurance right now, or if you’re buying it on the individual market, meaning you just got to go out there and kind of shop, this is going to give you a better deal. Basically you’re going to be able to go to a website, healthcare.gov, or the states are setting up a whole bunch of websites. And you are going to be able to compare the prices that you can get through these plans, and in addition it will tell you the kinds of help you will get from the government to pay for it. And it turns out that in a whole bunch of states people may be able to get health insurance for less than their monthly cellphone bill, which means not only do you get regular checkups, if you’re a woman, you know, that’s particularly important given the need for ongoing checkups. You also have the confidence and the insurance that if you get in a car accident, heaven forbid something happens, you’re not going to lose your house, you’re not going to have to empty out your back account, you don’t have to go to the emergency room. You go to the doctor. You got health services that are high quality. And, you know, I think that a lot of people don’t have to take my word for it. All they need to do is just go and see what this thing offers, the same way that if they’re buying a plane ticket they just go on the Internet and check it out.
Q: Yeah. Last question; my audience is mainly female, single mothers. What can we say to them that would encourage them to go to healthcare.gov, check it all out, and make sure that it works for their family?
« Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page »
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31