Carlos Alcis, 43, dropped dead of an apparent heart-attack after police officers swarmed his Brooklyn home Thursday morning and mistakenly accused his 16-year-old son of assault and robbery, reports the NY Daily News.
At approximately 5:30 a.m. Thursday morning, a woman was punched and had her cell phone stolen. Witnesses to the robbery followed the suspect, who was allegedly wearing red pants, to the apartment where the Alcis family lives and began going door to door.
Though NYPD officers claim that they knocked on the Alcis’ door, neighbors and witnesses claim that the officers pried the door open — and show evidence of a splintered door to prove it.
Emmanuel Alcis, 16, who was wearing red shorts, was dragged from his bed and forced outside, where the woman told police that he wasn’t the man who attacked her.
“My door was closed and then the door opened and there was a flashlight in my face,” he said.
“My father kept asking, ‘What happened? Why are you here,’ ” he said.
But the damage had been done.
Carlos Alcis collapsed on the floor and began shaking. Emmanuel said that the officers continued to search the home even as blood began to come from his father’s mouth.
He said an officer finally checked his father for a pulse, then asked him to blow air into his dad’s mouth as they started chest compressions.
By the time an ambulance arrived, Carlos Alcis, who emigrated from Haiti in 2000 and worked as a stockman at Bobby’s department store in Brooklyn, was dead.
“This is a wrongful death that should never have happened,” the family’s lawyer, Sanford Rubenstein, said.
Cops later found the woman’s cellphone in front of a nearby building on Rockaway Parkway using her Find My iPhone app. No one has been arrested.
Police also admitted a 911 snafu delayed getting an ambulance to the dying man. They said the ambulance was incorrectly sent to the scene of the robbery instead of the Alcis home. A readout of the dispatch obtained by The News shows police made the 911 call at 6:06 a.m. and the ambulance didn’t arrive until 6:29 a.m.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Brooklyn Father Of 8 Suffers Fatal Heart Attack After Cops Storm His Home