Carlos Alcis, 43, dropped dead of an apparent heart-attack after police officers swarmed his Brooklyn home Thursday morning and mistakenly accused his 16-year-old son of assault and robbery, reports the NY Daily News.
At approximately 5:30 a.m. Thursday morning, a woman was punched and had her cell phone stolen. Witnesses to the robbery followed the suspect, who was allegedly wearing red pants, to the apartment where the Alcis family lives and began going door to door.
Though NYPD officers claim that they knocked on the Alcis’ door, neighbors and witnesses claim that the officers pried the door open — and show evidence of a splintered door to prove it.
Emmanuel Alcis, 16, who was wearing red shorts, was dragged from his bed and forced outside, where the woman told police that he wasn’t the man who attacked her.
“My door was closed and then the door opened and there was a flashlight in my face,” he said.
“My father kept asking, ‘What happened? Why are you here,’ ” he said.
But the damage had been done.
Carlos Alcis collapsed on the floor and began shaking. Emmanuel said that the officers continued to search the home even as blood began to come from his father’s mouth.
He said an officer finally checked his father for a pulse, then asked him to blow air into his dad’s mouth as they started chest compressions.
By the time an ambulance arrived, Carlos Alcis, who emigrated from Haiti in 2000 and worked as a stockman at Bobby’s department store in Brooklyn, was dead.
“This is a wrongful death that should never have happened,” the family’s lawyer, Sanford Rubenstein, said.
Cops later found the woman’s cellphone in front of a nearby building on Rockaway Parkway using her Find My iPhone app. No one has been arrested.
Police also admitted a 911 snafu delayed getting an ambulance to the dying man. They said the ambulance was incorrectly sent to the scene of the robbery instead of the Alcis home. A readout of the dispatch obtained by The News shows police made the 911 call at 6:06 a.m. and the ambulance didn’t arrive until 6:29 a.m.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 27
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 27
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 27
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 27
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 27
7. new new
7 of 27
8. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
8 of 27
9. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
9 of 27
10. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
10 of 27
11 of 27
12. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
12 of 27
13. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
13 of 27
14. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
14 of 27
15. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
15 of 27
16. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
16 of 27
17. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
17 of 27
18. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
18 of 27
19. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
19 of 27
20 of 27
21. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
21 of 27
22. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
22 of 27
23. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
23 of 27
24. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
24 of 27
25. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
25 of 27
26. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
26 of 27
27. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
27 of 27
Continue reading Brooklyn Father Of 8 Suffers Fatal Heart Attack After Cops Storm His Home