As Charles Piercenoted, now that Michelle Bachmann has left Congress to take her crazy show on the road and earn a real coin for it, there’s a rush among like-minded narcissistic nitwits to see someone seize her crown. No disrespect to others in contention, but Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-TX, pictured) is clearly proving that he is in it to win it. The Corpus Christie-area Congressman is making national headlines after lamenting at an open house held in Luling, Texas, last weekend that it’s a damn shame that Congress can’t get some real work done.
By getting real work done, he means removing President Barack Obama from office.
After being prompted by a constituent’s inquiry about President Obama’s birth certificate — yes, this is still an issue for some people — Farenthold spoke of impeachment and its chances of passing in the House of Representatives.
I think unfortunately the horse is already out of the barn on this, on the whole birth certificate issue…. The original Congress when his eligibility came up should have looked in to it and they didn’t. I’m not sure how we fix it. You tie in to a question I get a lot: ‘If everyone’s so unhappy with what the President’s done, why don’t you impeach him? I’ll give you a real frank answer about that: If we were to impeach the President tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate and he wouldn’t be convicted.
The exchange was recorded — although the YouTube clip has since been made private — but alas, nothing is every truly removed from the Internet:
The Congressman went on to explain the impeachment process, though he actually did make the case as to why failed attempts at impeaching a President are damaging to the country.
What message do we send to America if we impeach Obama and he gets away with what he’s impeached for and he is found innocent? What then do we say is OK? Aside from the fact that it wouldn’t be effective, I think there’s some potential damage to society that would be done with a failed attempt at impeachment.
For a second there, he almost sounds sane. Not to mention, he’s right that the House probably could secure enough votes only to sink the measure in the Senate. But at the same time, Farenthold never disavowed impeachment or the lingering conspiracy theories about President Obama’s purported true place of birth.
The Houston Chronicle reported that the “woman handed him documentation that she said ‘proves that a felony has been committed.’”
What did the GOP congressman say in response?
“I will certainly take a look at it.” He also asked a staffer to “get it on my desk where I can read it.”
Not surprisingly, this woman remained unconvinced that President Obama wasn’t a natural born Kenyan who needed to be removed from the White House and thrown in to a jail with Ms. Lauryn Hill.
“There’s [something] very sinister going on,” said the crazy lady. “It’s terrible.”
What’s terrible is that uneducated, xenophobic, if not flat-out racist White people continue to have their fears and idiocies exploited by the likes of Blake Farenthold. Worse is that even if he did call on those like this woman to exercise her brain cells, there’s another five pols on the Hill just waiting to say the opposite for a come-up.
You can’t see me, but I’m about to go bang my head on the desk in frustration.
Michael Arceneaux is a Houston-bred, Howard-educated writer. You can read more of his work on his site, The Cynical Ones. Follow him on Twitter: @youngsinick
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Texas Congressman Claims House Has Votes To Impeach Obama