Chante Moore is seizing her moment these days. Not only is she the most diva-est diva on “R&B Divas: L.A.” she’s got a new album out, “Moore is More,” her first in five years. The single “Talking in My Sleep” is already making an impact, drawing on the sweetest part of her soprano range.
One of “R&B Divas: LA” biggest surprises thus far, aside from Moore’s cozy relationship with ex-husband Kadeem Hardison, is her woefully underrated vocal talent, overlooked even during her hit-making heyday.
Moore’s recently made headlines beefing with fellow Diva Kelly Price on the show’s most recent episodes, where the internet streets are calling Price out on her mean girl behavior. Click here to see full episodes of “R&B Divas: L.A.”
If you’re not caught up, basically Price recruited Moore along with Michel’le, Claudette Ortiz, Dawn Robinson and Li’l Moe to work on a project that would allow the ladies to share their life stories and music. When Price got busy, the other women continued working on the project and when she returned, she threw a hissy fit about everything that happened without her.
“We still have things to be resolved. What it’s about for me is respect,” Moore told The Tom Joyner Morning Show. “It’s about honesty, it’s about owning the words that come out of your mouth and trust. Those are things that I need for friendship and right now, I don’t feel all of that at once with the two young ladies. We’re working on it. We’ll have reunions and conversations and things,” Moore says.
Scripted drama or real drama – who knows but it’s gotten people talking about Moore’s musical gifts again and that’s a good thing. She says “Moore is More” is largely autobiographical detailing her life and loves.
Moore was married and has a child apiece to both Hardison and singer Kenny Lattimore who sued her during the “R&B Divas: LA” run for custody of their son.
Here’s Moore herself talking about essential tracks from “Moore is More.”
“Baby Can I Touch Your Body” – Moore says it’s not about either ex. She’d already broken up with Kenny Latimore by the time she recorded it. “It’s a fantasy.”
“Talking In My Sleep” – “I was a young girl about 19 and I had a boyfriend and I loved coming home to my mother and I liked to came home to my mother and I liked to jump in bed with my mom. When I woke up she asked me ‘So you’re having oral sex now?’ And I said “Uh, what? Why would you ask me that?
And she said, ‘Well you were talking in your sleep last night and you said ‘Stop, stop it’s choking me.’ And I said, ‘Nah, mom we were smoking weed.’ Would you believe my mother exhaled about weed? That is a true story. So you can see I occasionally talk in my sleep.”
“Alone” – “Being alone is not fun. Being alone in a room full of people is not fun. I’d rather be alone than lonely. I’d really rather be by myself.”
“Don’t Make Me Laugh” – “Kenneth” is who Chante says that song is about and won’t elaborate further, though Tom observed that the song made her sad.
“Mrs. Under-Stood” – “Cause at the end of it all, Mrs. Under finally stood,” Moore says. “Under meaning under everything. People perceive me as a bad girl, oooh, you can’t control her. I get the less than thing. We’re equal partners but you go ahead you do you and I’m good. I’m not trying to start trouble in my own house.”
“Giving You My Always”
“On and On”
“Jesus I Want You”
“Cry My a River”
Watch Chante Moore’s In Studio Jam here:
Listen to Chante Moore’s new CD here:
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30