Chante Moore is seizing her moment these days. Not only is she the most diva-est diva on “R&B Divas: L.A.” she’s got a new album out, “Moore is More,” her first in five years. The single “Talking in My Sleep” is already making an impact, drawing on the sweetest part of her soprano range.
One of “R&B Divas: LA” biggest surprises thus far, aside from Moore’s cozy relationship with ex-husband Kadeem Hardison, is her woefully underrated vocal talent, overlooked even during her hit-making heyday.
Moore’s recently made headlines beefing with fellow Diva Kelly Price on the show’s most recent episodes, where the internet streets are calling Price out on her mean girl behavior. Click here to see full episodes of “R&B Divas: L.A.”
If you’re not caught up, basically Price recruited Moore along with Michel’le, Claudette Ortiz, Dawn Robinson and Li’l Moe to work on a project that would allow the ladies to share their life stories and music. When Price got busy, the other women continued working on the project and when she returned, she threw a hissy fit about everything that happened without her.
“We still have things to be resolved. What it’s about for me is respect,” Moore told The Tom Joyner Morning Show. “It’s about honesty, it’s about owning the words that come out of your mouth and trust. Those are things that I need for friendship and right now, I don’t feel all of that at once with the two young ladies. We’re working on it. We’ll have reunions and conversations and things,” Moore says.
Scripted drama or real drama – who knows but it’s gotten people talking about Moore’s musical gifts again and that’s a good thing. She says “Moore is More” is largely autobiographical detailing her life and loves.
Moore was married and has a child apiece to both Hardison and singer Kenny Lattimore who sued her during the “R&B Divas: LA” run for custody of their son.
Here’s Moore herself talking about essential tracks from “Moore is More.”
“Baby Can I Touch Your Body” – Moore says it’s not about either ex. She’d already broken up with Kenny Latimore by the time she recorded it. “It’s a fantasy.”
“Talking In My Sleep” – “I was a young girl about 19 and I had a boyfriend and I loved coming home to my mother and I liked to came home to my mother and I liked to jump in bed with my mom. When I woke up she asked me ‘So you’re having oral sex now?’ And I said “Uh, what? Why would you ask me that?
And she said, ‘Well you were talking in your sleep last night and you said ‘Stop, stop it’s choking me.’ And I said, ‘Nah, mom we were smoking weed.’ Would you believe my mother exhaled about weed? That is a true story. So you can see I occasionally talk in my sleep.”
“Alone” – “Being alone is not fun. Being alone in a room full of people is not fun. I’d rather be alone than lonely. I’d really rather be by myself.”
“Don’t Make Me Laugh” – “Kenneth” is who Chante says that song is about and won’t elaborate further, though Tom observed that the song made her sad.
“Mrs. Under-Stood” – “Cause at the end of it all, Mrs. Under finally stood,” Moore says. “Under meaning under everything. People perceive me as a bad girl, oooh, you can’t control her. I get the less than thing. We’re equal partners but you go ahead you do you and I’m good. I’m not trying to start trouble in my own house.”
“Giving You My Always”
“On and On”
“Jesus I Want You”
“Cry My a River”
Watch Chante Moore’s In Studio Jam here:
Listen to Chante Moore’s new CD here:
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31