Kanye West is reportedly trying to have the first public photo of his daughter as a Vogue cover.
The rapper, who has rejected offers of up to $3 million from other magazines, is trying to convince his good friend Anna Wintour to put his girlfriend, Kim Kardashian, and their two-month-old daughter, North West, on the cover of her publication, even though the editor-in-chief doesn’t like the reality star.
A source close to Kanye, 36, told gossip website RadarOnline.com: ”It’s no secret that Kanye is a huge fan of fashion, Vogue and especially Anna Wintour.
”But it’s also pretty well-known that Anna is no fan of Kim or any reality star appearing in the pages of the magazine. Kanye is determined to make sure baby North isn’t photographed by paparazzi then splashed across the world. He knows what he wants — a professional photographer and the cover of Vogue – nothing else. But clearly, trying to persuade Anna is going to be an uphill battle.”
Anna is said to be ”less than enthusiastic” about the idea, but Kanye refuses to take no for an answer and recently compiled a list of statistics to show her that Kim is very popular with readers and has helped magazines to break sales records in the past.
He has also talked to respected photographers Annie Leibovitz and Mario Testino about shooting the exclusive spread of his family.
The insider added: ”Kanye is convinced that he’s going to make this happen.”
Anna was recently reported to have given her seal of approval when Kanye told her that his daughter’s name would be North West.
A source previously said: ”That’s not why they named her North, but it’s nice to have Anna’s blessing!”
Anna allegedly blocked Kim, 32, from attending the prestigious Met Ball Gala in 2012 even though the tickets were available for purchase, and only allowed her to go this year as Kanye’s date because he was performing at the event.
Celebrity Kids Names: Cute, Crazy, Clever, Cool & Often Cruel
26 photos Launch gallery
1. Bow Wow named his daughter Shai.
1 of 26
2. The Game named his daugher Cali
2 of 26
3. Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa named their son Sebastian.
3 of 26
4. The youngest Academy Award nominee is named Quvenzhane Wallis.
4 of 26
5. Master P's oldest son and daughter are named Romeo and Cymphonique.
5 of 26
6. TI and Tiny named their two youngest sons King and Major.
6 of 26
7. Jay-Z and Beyonce named their daughter Blue Ivy.
7 of 26
8. Pharrell and his wife Helen named their son Rocket Air.
8 of 26
9. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have named their newborn daughter North.
9 of 26
10. 1. Nicole Richie & Hubby Joel: Harlow Winter Kate and Sparrow James Midnight.
10 of 26
11. 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion
11 of 26
12. 2. Nick & Mariah named their twins Moroccan & Monroe, nicknamed Roc & Roe. Cute.
12 of 26
13. 3. Ving Rhames & Wife named their daughter Reignbeau and son Freedom. Clever.
13 of 26
14. 4. Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz named their son Bronx Mowgli Wentz.
14 of 26
15. Nicholas Cage named his son Kal-El Coppola. Little crazy.
15 of 26
16. 6. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale named their youngest son Zuma Nesta Rock.
16 of 26
17. Jolie-Pits: Maddox, Zahara, Pax, Shiloh, Knox, Viv. Something for each category.
17 of 26
18. Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin: Daughter Apple and son Moses.
18 of 26
19. Erykah Badu named her children Seven Sirius, Puma Rose Sabti and Mars Merkaba.
19 of 26
20. Bruce and Demi named their girls Scout LaRue, Rumer and Tallulah Belle.
20 of 26
21. David & Victoria Beckham: Romeo, Brooklyn and Cruz and daughter Harper Seven.
21 of 26
22. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith: Great names: Willow & Jaden.
22 of 26
23. Toni Braxton named her sons Denim Cole and Diezel Ky.
23 of 26
24. Frank Zappa and wife Gail: Dweezil, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, Moon Unit & Diva Muffin
24 of 26
25. Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz: Son Egypt.
25 of 26
26. 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion
26 of 26