The Waldorf Astoria in NYC welcomed journalists, reports and bloggers for an intimate conversation with the director–Lee Daniels (“Precious”)– of “The Butler” and the thespians of what is being hailed the best film of 2013. We (the press) gathered on the 18th floor and were served breakfast and greeted by friendly staffers. The press conference began with an introduction of the panel–Oprah, Cuba Gooding Jr, Mariah Carey, Terrence Howard and more names that reek of super-stardom were introduced individually as they walked to their seats and made themselves available for questioning. Things began cordial enough, acclaim for the movie filled the room until one film critic, by the name of Lavar Renee, announced herself. Oprah, Forest Whitaker and Lee Daniels immediately grabbed hands, noticeably praying for mercy. Turns out, they were correct in their assumptions, because the “critic” was ready to dish out an unnecessary and tactless lashing. In Daniel’s defense, he gave the bet answer anyone could dream of!
- This Week's Celebrity Instagrams (5/15-5/21)
- Dove Releases Children’s Book To Encourage Young Girls To Love Their Curls
- Don't Answer That Text: iPhone Glitch Shuts Down Phones Remotely
- 17-Year-Old Recovering After Friend Shoots Him in the Head
- Denzel Washington's Daughter, Olivia, Starts Career Off-Broadway
- #ThrowbackThursday: Will & Jada Pinkett Smith Through The Years