The Waldorf Astoria in NYC welcomed journalists, reports and bloggers for an intimate conversation with the director–Lee Daniels (“Precious”)– of “The Butler” and the thespians of what is being hailed the best film of 2013. We (the press) gathered on the 18th floor and were served breakfast and greeted by friendly staffers. The press conference began with an introduction of the panel–Oprah, Cuba Gooding Jr, Mariah Carey, Terrence Howard and more names that reek of super-stardom were introduced individually as they walked to their seats and made themselves available for questioning. Things began cordial enough, acclaim for the movie filled the room until one film critic, by the name of Lavar Renee, announced herself. Oprah, Forest Whitaker and Lee Daniels immediately grabbed hands, noticeably praying for mercy. Turns out, they were correct in their assumptions, because the “critic” was ready to dish out an unnecessary and tactless lashing. In Daniel’s defense, he gave the bet answer anyone could dream of!
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/26-7/3)
- Tyrese Says 'Black Rose' Is His Last Album, Talks Cheating On Ex, Getting Joint Custody Of Daughter
- Obama Administration Says Education Bill Is 'A Major Step Backwards'
- Kelly Rowland Talks 'Empire' Role And Dropping Baby Weight
- Kanye West Could’ve Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Misty Copeland’s Historic Performance In ‘Swan Lake’ Is Even Better In Photos