ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)– A central Florida man angry at the President Barack Obama‘s plan to overhaul health care has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for threatening to kill the president.
Christopher Castillo was sentenced Thursday in federal court in Orlando. He was convicted last February.
Authorities say the 28-year-old Melbourne man made the threat on Facebook before the 2012 election. He said he would “hunt” the president down and kill him if he were re-elected.
A witness told authorities that when Castillo was told it was a federal offense to threaten the president, he said “Let them come after me … Be more than happy to take a few of them with me.”
At his trial, Castillo said he didn’t really mean he would kill the president.
The Shy, Bold, Young & Old Love Barack
30 photos Launch gallery
1. 1. President Obama hugs a woman in the crowd after addressing the Labor Day celebration in Detroit. (Pete Souza)
1 of 30
2. 2. Audience members listen as President Barack Obama delivers remarks at a reception in Atlanta (Pete Souza)
2 of 30
3. 3. President Obama greets U.S. troops following his remarks at Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan (Pete Souza)
3 of 30
4. 4. The President consoles a woman after the services for those impacted by the deadly tornado that struck Joplin. (P Souza)
4 of 30
5. 5. President Obama shakes hands with people following his remarks on immigration reform El Paso, TX. (Pete Souza)
5 of 30
6. 6. President Obama greets hospital workers while visiting wounded service members at Walter Reed (Pete Souza)
6 of 30
7. 7. The President greets a woman following ceremony to commemorate the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at the Flight 93 Nat'l Memorial.
7 of 30
8. 8. Audience members embrace President Obama after he spoke at the Port of Tampa in Tampa, Fla. (Pete Souza)
8 of 30
9. 9. The President and Vice President shake hands with the troops following the President's remarks at Fort Campbell, Ky.
9 of 30
10. 10. President Obama greets Miss Florida Memorial University Morisa V. Jagrup at Miami Central High School in Miami, Fla.
10 of 30
11. 11. President Barack Obama greets patrons at Thomas Sweet Ice Cream and Chocolate in Washington, D.C. (Pete Souza)
11 of 30
12. 12. President Obama greets people outside the Old Market Deli in Cannon Falls, Minn. (Samantha Appleton)
12 of 30
13. 13. Members of the American Legion's Girls Nation react after meeting President Obama at the White House. (Photo: Chuck Kennedy)
13 of 30
14. 14. President Obama greets members of the audience following a town hall meeting in college Park, MD. (Pete Souza)
14 of 30
15. 15. President Barack Obama greets people following his remarks on the economy at Racine Memorial Hall in Racine, Wisc.
15 of 30
16. 16. President Barack Obama greets members of the Byrd family at the West Virginia State Capitol in Charleston, W.Va.
16 of 30
17. 17. The Audience listens as the President delivers remarks at a rally on health insurance reform at the University of Maryland.
17 of 30
18. 18. President Obama greets a young supporter at a campaign rally in Tyson's Corner Va. (Pete Souza)
18 of 30
19. 19. A fan of the President looks on as he speaks at a fundraising reception at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago, Ill. (Pete Sousa)
19 of 30
20. 20. President Obama greets Tuskeegee Airmen in the East Garden Room prior to a screening of the film “Red Tails”
20 of 30
21. 21. President Obama shakes hands with a French veteran Captain Jean Mauras during the 65th anniversary of D-Day in France.
21 of 30
22. 22. President Obama greets the crowd prior to his remarks at a rally on health insurance reform in College Park, Md.
22 of 30
23. 23. President Barack Obama greets well-wishers in Accra, Ghana where he gave a speech to Parliament. (Photo: Pete Souza)
23 of 30
24. 24. President Barack Obama greets audience members during a rally at Old Dominion University's Convocation Center in Norfolk, Va.
24 of 30
25. 25. A patron hugs President Barack Obama during a lunch stop at Duff's Famous Wings in Cheektowaga, N.Y. (Pete Souza)
25 of 30
26. 26. People line the motorcade route as President Obama makes his way to Mount Holly Truck Manufacturing Plant in Charlotte.
26 of 30
27. 27. "I can still hear these Irish girls screaming, 'Barack! Barack! Michelle! Michelle!' in Dublin." (Pete Souza)
27 of 30
28. 28. President Obama shakes hands with members of the audience after his speech on energy security at Georgetown University.
28 of 30
29. 29. President Obama greets the audience after delivering remarks on the economy at the Univ. of Miami Field House in Fl.
29 of 30
30. 30. President Barack Obama visits with patrons who were playing bridge in a backroom at Jerry's Family Restaurant in Iowa.
30 of 30