Lauryn Hill is currently serving a three-month prison sentence at Danbury’s Federal Correctional Institution for tax envision, but the took some time to update fans and loved ones on her mental status in a recent letter.
Posted on her Tumblr account, Hill said that prison life is an “adjustment” but she’s received a “general warm reception” from the other inmates.
The letter reads:
Ms. Hill has received a lot mail, and would like to let everyone know that she is doing well. She also asked me to pass along this message:
“I have known since very young to look for the purpose and lesson in everything, including the trials. Although it has taken some adjustment, I cannot deny the favor I have encountered while in here, and general warm reception from a community of people who despite their circumstances, have found unique ways to make the best of them. Thank you for the letters of concern and well wishes that I receive in the mail every day. Although I may not be able to write everyone back, please know that they have been received, read, acknowledged, and appreciated. With Love back, MLH”
She went on to thank the following people for their love, support and prayers:
Jessica Lucas, Victoria, BC
Debbie J. Duncan, AL
Bessie Williams, Henderson, NC
King Solemon Kamali, Santa Clara, CA
Jahi, Oakland, CA
Candice Hughes, Las Vegas, NV
Cherisse Pittman, Alpine, AL
Joshua Curry, Benton, AR
Ana Rodriguez, Cranston, RI
Dr. Marcus Anthony Hunter, New Haven, CT
Naty Marrufo, Seaside, CA
Re Grace, Lake Forest, CA
Carter Grant, New York, NY
David Cruz, Hartford, CT
Terryl Lee Elder, Jr., Ansonia, CT
Sundiata Sadiq, Ossining, NY
Daisy, Tannersville, PA
Jerald Miller, New York, NY
Sister Souljah, New York, NY
Heidi Salcedo, Bethel, CT
Devon Young, Newark, NJ
Ralph Mitchell/Carthage Financial Group, Quincy, MA
Patrick Lanary, New York, NY
Tomeka Ramocan, Burlington, NJ
Birk Paluzzi, Elmwood Park, IL
Ms. Kirema Colbert, Hartford, CT
Derek Singletary, Astoria, NY
Steven Marcus, North Hollywood, CA
Rashad Hawkins, Alpharetta, GA
Diane L. Martin, Philadelphia, PA
Shareen Arroyo, Charlotte, NC
Mr. Daniel Aguilar, Brownsville, TX
Nadisha Postell, Bronx, NY
Claudia Bruno, Los Gatos, CA
Ms. Mamie Scott, Reading, PA
Maurad Ouazine, France
Robert D. Boyd, Maricopa, AZ
Aframerican Bookstore, Omaha, NE
Dr. Cynthia Chapman
We are glad to see the soul songstress is in good spirits. Stay strong, Lauryn!
1. Remy Ma
1 of 32
2. Bobby Shmurda
Source:Bobby Shmurda Instagram
2 of 32
3. Apollo Nida was just sentenced to 8 years in prison for fraud.
3 of 32
4. Darren Sharper is currently on trial for rape in several states.
4 of 32
5. Justin Bieber has had some trouble with the law in the past for marijuana possession, drag racing and a number of other crimes.
5 of 32
6. Ja Rule spent two years in prison for gun possession and tax evasion.
6 of 32
7. Joseline Hernandez has spent some time in jail for prostitution prior to her Love & Hip Hop fame.
7 of 32
8. Nene Leakes was charged with shoplifting in her early 20's.
8 of 32
9. Chris Brown is currently in jail for violating his probation.
9 of 32
10. Lindsay Lohan
10 of 32
11. Wesley Snipes was convicted and spent some time in the big house.
11 of 32
12. Ron Isley spent time in jail for tax evasion.
12 of 32
13. Foxy Brown's numerous probation violations landed her in the slammer for a year (76 days in solitary confinement).(AP)
13 of 32
14. A drunk Shia Labeouf was arrested for trespassing at a Walgreens. The store was closing and he refused to leave. (AP)
14 of 32
15. OJ Simpson
15 of 32
16. 50 Cent was arrested on drug charges and spent 6 months in an incarceration boot camp and earned his GED while there. AP
16 of 32
17. Lil' Wayne served a year at Rikers for illegal gun possession & performed suicide watch with at-risk inmates. (AP)
17 of 32
18. Ozzy Osbourne was arrested for peeing on the Alamo in San Antonio. He bragged about it & got a 20 yr. ban from the city. AP
18 of 32
19. T.I. spent 11 months (the last time) in jail for probation violation. He is on the straight and narrow again. (AP)
19 of 32
20. Martha Stewart was found guilty of insider trading and spent 5 months in federal prison & 2 years of supervised release. AP
20 of 32
21. Gucci Mane has been in jail several times; drug possession, assault and probation violations. (AP)
21 of 32
22. Nicole Richie only spent 82 minutes of her four-day sentence in jail for a DUI due to overcrowding in the system. (AP)
22 of 32
23. Boy George got 15 months for chaining a male escort to a wall (without his consent) in his flat during a photo session.
23 of 32
24. Lil’ Kim was at the very peak of her career when she was charged with conspiracy and perjury charges. She got 1 year & 1 day.
24 of 32
25. Michelle Rodriguez has been in & out of jail four times: DUI, hit & run, probation violations, driving without a license.
25 of 32
26. Kiefer Sutherland was charged with misdemeanor drunk driving in Los Angeles and spent 48 days in jail. (AP)
26 of 32
27. Robert Downey Jr. spent 4 months in a LA jail and a year in prison for drugs and probation violations. He is doing well now.
27 of 32
28. A hairdresser cashed an unauthorized check and Mystikal gave her a choice; jail or sex (not legal) and he got six years. (AP)
28 of 32
29. Christian Slater was sentenced to three months in jail for assaulting his girlfriend & the man who tried to help her.
29 of 32
30. Actor & comedian Tim Allen spent over two years in prison for cocaine possession (before he found fame). (AP)
30 of 32
31. A drunk Edward Furlong was arrested for “freeing” a tank of lobsters in a Kentucky grocery store. (AP)
31 of 32
32. Michael Vick spent 21 months in jail for financing a dog fighting business. He is out and doing well. Go Mike! (AP)
32 of 32