Tom Joyner Talks to ‘Piers Morgan Live’ About Rachel Jeantel Scholarship Offer (VIDEO)
Posted 3 years ago.
“The Fly Jock”, Tom Joyner headed to CNN last night to talk with evening talk show host Piers Morgan about offering Rachel Jeantel a full ride scholarship to any HBCU, Rush Limbaugh using the N-word and more.
In case you missed it, the DJ offered Rachel Jeantel, the friend of Trayvon Martin who took the stand as a key witness in the trial of George Zimmerman, a full ride scholarship to the HBCU of her choice. His offer also included tutoring to complete high school and assistance in preparing for the SAT test to get into college. Joyner reached out to Jeantel after witnessing her testimony on national television as she recounted her conversation with Trayvon Martin, which turned out to be his last phone call before being killed by George Zimmerman.
1. Lauryn Hill served jail time on a tax conviction. (Photo: AP)
1 of 9
2. Michael Vick served time for dog fighting. (Photo: PRPhotos)
2 of 9
3. In 2007, Lil Wayne was jailed for smoking marijuana and for possession of a pistol outside his tour bus. (Photo: AP)
3 of 9
4. Rapper Ja Rule was jailed for possession of a weapon and tax evasion. (Photo: AP)
4 of 9
5. Wesley Snipes was jailed for failing to file federal income tax returns.
5 of 9
6. Singer Ron Isley was jailed for tax evasion. (Photo: AP)
6 of 9
7. Lil Kim served time for three counts of perjury and one count of conspiracy related to a shooting outside a Manhattan studio. No one was injured.
7 of 9
8. Martin Luther King, Jr. was jailed several times for peacefully protesting during the Civil Rights Movement. (Photo: AP)
8 of 9
9. Domestic abuse victim Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2012 for firing two warning shots into a wall. (Photo: Hellobeautiful)
9 of 9
Continue reading Tom Joyner Talks to ‘Piers Morgan Live’ About Rachel Jeantel Scholarship Offer (VIDEO)
Folks Jailed While Zimmerman Walks Free
George Zimmerman walks free for the killing of unarmed teen, Trayvon Martin. This gallery examines other cases of celebs and famous folks who served time for offenses that can be considered far less serious.