Think Like A Man Too star Meagan Good had to deal with some intense  criticism after hitting the 2013 BET Awards red carpet in a bright blue gown with a plunging neckline and she has decided to set the record straight.

Good, who is married to Sony Pictures Executive and Seventh Day Adventist pastor Devon Franklin, presented the Best Gospel Artist award and the Mother Board commenting on social media instantly began harshly judging her attire.Read Good’s response below:

“@adriannacolbert That’s the thing Girl- is that I don’t feel convicted about this at all. my spirit is saddened that our people only know one way to think and process things..

I’m not any less holy because the dress I wore -I may not be who people think I should be -but I’m morphing into exactly who God wants me to be.. My excuse is never “I’m going to do me” and I don’t feel that I need to make an excuse or defend or what I wore .. I know I have a responsibility -and I’m working daily to fulfill the full potential of all God has created me to be..

A dialogue was started about my character, integrity, my walk with God and my Husband -simply based on a dress that I wore.., Of course I’m going to have a reaction to people saying negative things… It’s just sad.. Makes me sad not regretful.. My heart and spirit is always open to whatever my Father would want to share with me… And my spirit tells me to be exactly who I authentically am -because that’s what’s going to reach who I was authentically designed to touch.. people like me who are often misunderstood and told their cut of God’s promise -because they don’t look the role …when God doesn’t care about us “looking the role”..he is always cared about bringing us in -and us being whatever we need to be to bring Those left out in ..

And it just makes me sad that us as Christians can’t see beyond our initial reaction and don’t seek God before the attack other brothers and sisters …and never think for one moment that: God knows what he’s doing and he uses everything for his glory .. and he has a plan for every specific situation.. I had intentions on anything .. Merely picked a dress I saw and loved … God knows my heart and that I didn’t do anything wrong .. And he will use even people’s thoughts to bring him glory.”

Good has always defended expressing her sexuality, reports the Christian Post:

” […] I’m getting sexy and all that but there is a way to do it, there is a classy way to do everything and there is nothing wrong with being sexy or having sex appeal and I think that I am definitely going to be someone who is boldly going to go out to the masses and be someone who say, ‘ Look! Women its okay to do this, that and the other,’” Good said while speaking at One Church International in Los Angeles earlier this year. “…I don’t like [how] sometimes people who are religious will try and force everyone into a box and judge them.”

21 thoughts on “Meagan Good Responds To Christian Backlash To Revealing BET Awards Dress

1. No one is judging her. At least I’m not. I can’t understand how can someone with the Spirit of God living inside them wear a dress like that and not be convicted. She can also be sexy with more cloths on.

• organgrinder007 on said:

I agree. any individual who genuinely have God’s holy spirit in their hearts (and she should have, being a pastors wife) wouldn’t have gone out the house looking like that, let alone national tv. I wouldn’t have let my wife go nowhere looking like that!!? she looks like a stripper! worst part about it is ; she don’t even feel bad about it. just not happening ….

2. blood on said:

Meagan is a disingenuous hypocrite who puts her words in God’s mouth because god certainly WOULD NOT approve his flock exposing their private parts to do HIS will, because he can do ANYTHING without having breasts and coochee hanging out. God don’t need sexual organs to bring people to his church after all did he not use regular objects in the bible?

3. Annie on said:

You know why we have to dress and cover up in the first place, it is because of the sins of a woman… Eve! If she didn’t eat of the tree of evil, we would be all walking around in this world naked, and no one would even notice or care, but because she did we’ve no other choices, but to cover up. So please stop judging people, and yes she is a pastor wife, and we all expected her to cover up her breasts, but look at it this way, I’m sure she does not dress like this when she is going to church.

4. Carol on said:

HEY PEOPLE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS WHY ARE YOU JUDGING THIS YOUNG LADY…YOU CAN ONLY LIVE AND DIE FOR YOURSELF!!!!!

5. Zerkeise on said:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Its not always about you. Everything we do has a ’cause and affect’. Both of them need to have bible study. (maybe with someone else)

6. Michele Wheeler on said:

There is always a way to look sexy without showing it all. As a matter of fact, it is even more sexy to leave something to the imagination. I saw some very classy and sexy gowns at the Awards that didn’t show cleavage to the belly button. Especially as the wife of a man of the cloth, you are held to a higher standard. You’re supposed to set an example. That comes with the territory.

7. SASSY on said:

MEGAN IS A BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. AND I LOVE HER STYLE MOST OF THE TIME. BUT DONT BE SUPRISED WHEN PEOPLE REACT TO YOU OUTFIT THAT HAS ALL YOUR BREAST HANGING OUT. ISNT THAT WHAT PEOPLE WANT WHEN THEY WEAR CLOTHES SUCH AS THIS. DO YOU WANT MEN SAYING BABY YOU LOOK GOOD . OR BABY LOOK AT YOUR BREAST. NATURALLY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. AS A WIFE OF A PASTOR SHE MAY WANT TO TONE IT DOWN A BIT. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH LOOKING SEXY, BUT DONT FORGET WHAT EVER YOU PUT OUT THERE IS WHAT YOU WILL GET BACK. YOU PUT YOUR BREAST ALL OUT THERE SO NOW ITS THE HOT TOPIC. SEXY CAN BE GOOD IF YOU DO IT IN A RESPECTFUL WAY. YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF GOD.

8. Rosco "P" Coaltrain on said:

You’ve got to be kidding me. The woman is very beautiful and the dress she wore made her look sexy.
    I didn’t see one person complain about all the men who came on that stage with their pants hanging below their butts (and yes I think they are all gay). I’m old school and for me to be hanging around men all day long with my butt hanging out or showing, is a GAY trait.

I don’t think the young men understand that older men like myself look at them as GAY men.
    I don’t care if you got 5m in gold hanging around your neck, if you are showing your butt and your pants are hanging below your butt cheeks and you hanging around nothing but yo home boyees you want attention from other men. And are probably the ones complaining about the dress Megan had on because she was taking attention away from their men friends looking at their butts. Just my opinion Tom, but I thought Megan was sooo beautiful.
    So anyone complaining about a womans dress must first get the gay men to stop wearing their pants below their butts or sit back and watch the beauty of the woman.

9. Frank on said:

A woman is sexy by nature. She doesnt have to look like a two-bit whore. If you are saved, a witness and mature you should represent your self or God. There is a righteous judgment that is imposed, even if the judge is hypocritical. A saved person is holy, even if he/she looks like a slut. This is how Judah got tricked in the book of Geneses.

• Myra on said:

God’s Jewel, your name is indicative of your love for God. I totally agree. As women of God we need to always be mindful that we are representing our wonderful God. It doesn’t matter how beautiful our bodies are we must treat it as the temple of God. Megan needs to work hard on knowing that it doesn’t take showing your body to the masses to gain attention. As women of God we command attention fully clothed because of the light within us..

10. God's Jewel on said:

Megan, I believe that you are a beautiful, talented black woman. I love the work that you have done in the industry and I celebrate your success.
    As a woman of God, we are called to a higher standard, because the God we serve is of a higher standard. While the dress was beautiful, I believe it was inappropriate for a woman of God to wear.
    It gave the message that you were of this world and not just in it. Do you see the difference?
    Your body is the Temple for the Holy Spirit that dwells in you. It is to remain whole and withou scrutiny, for others are watching you. God has called us to be the salt and light of this fallen world.
    Dealing with the flesh is challenging. I would encourage you to remember to whom you belong to as you are an ambassdore of Christ. When others see you, they are looking for hope and not disappointment or indifference. We are set apart on purpose. God loves you.

11. Ms. Good, you are a very beautiful, classy woman, not a hoochie! What you wear is a reflection of the God you and your Pastor husband serve. God is not an “anything goes”
    God! I pray you don’t make this mistake again.