Friday night Trayvon Martin‘s stepmother, Alicia Stanley spoke with CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

However, some think it may not have been a good idea. That’s because she told Cooper that even though she’s convinced George Zimmerman’s guilty, personally she doesn’t believe that he picked Trayvon out because he was black.

The interview was emotional and when Cooper asked Stanley if she was watching the trial, she answered tearfully, “It’s hard for me to see and hear the things that led to his death.”

In discussing her relationship with Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin, she spoke on how he stopped speaking to her once the media entered the picture.

“He would just he was busy.”

Cooper asked about the testimony of Trayvon’s friend, Rachel Jeantel, who said Martin referred to Zimmerman as a “creepy-ass cracker.” Stanley responded, “Kids gonna be kids,” adding that she never heard Trayvon use those words.

Getting back to Zimmerman and the racial element, Anderson Cooper  asked Alicia Stanley if she thinks race was a factor in how Zimmerman singled out Martin.

“No, I really don’t think it was Zimmerman don’t like black people, or he picked him out because he was black. Did he profile him with the hoodie and stuff like that as this thug, whatever, walking, in Zimmerman’s mind? Yes, but to say that he targeted him because he was black? No, I don’t–I don’t think so.”

Stanley, who spent 14 years helping raise Trayvon, became emotional again when talking about how painful it was to not be able to sit in the front row at her slain stepson’s funeral.

“They told me to ‘get in where I fit in,’ ” Stanley said, getting choked up. “I can’t sit on the front row at my son’s funeral to see him home. That hurt me, that was the most painful thing they could do to me.”

She also told Cooper that it would be “heartbreaking” and “unbelievable” if George Zimmerman is found not guilty.

52 thoughts on “Trayvon’s Former Stepmother Alicia Stanley’s Controversial Admission to Anderson Cooper (VIDEO)

1. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, iit
    seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You definitely knnow what youre talking about, why throw
    away your intelligene on just posting videos to your
    weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

2. I do not even understand how I stopped up here, however I thought this submit
    was good. I don’t understand who you’re however certainly you’re going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren’t already.
    Cheers!

3. We stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to exploring your web page for a second
    time.

4. If this isn’t a frequent occurrence, it’s simply section of your sexuality.

That being said, this may be the major cause of relapses and after they do so, it’ll only take being in the wrong place at the wrong time for these to
    fall into ii. In fact, the three squares on the top corners along with the
    bottom left corner provide position orientation so
    scanners along with other electronic devices can see them from any direction.

5. Hiya very nice site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?
    I am glad to search out a lot of helpful information right here
    in the submit, we’d like work out more strategies in this regard,
    thank you for sharing. . . . . .

6. Appreciating the time and effort you put into your website and detailed information you
    offer. It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out
    of date rehashed information. Great read! I’ve
    saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

7. Yoou can have as many books open as you want simultaneously, great for students, and you can highlight sections and
    take notes – all of which are syncesd tto your i – OS devices.

They arre completely customizable by size, brightness,frequency of updates, and ykur own unique style.
    Below are the instructions you woll need to unlock your Nokia Lumia 800:.

8. Seen by many as thhe ultimate in ddieting and food journal
    apps, is the Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by My – Fitness – Pal.
    Although they come from the same latest generation, it is significant
    to note that the IPod Touch MC086BT technically is identical to the 2nd generation 8 GB model.

73 inches tall, with thhe exception of the 2960G-24TC, which has a depth of 12.

9. It’s particularly encouraging to hear tales about you. This is my personal fijrst time of checking out your site andd
    I can tell that it is full off wonderful landmarks for those rerally considering this topic.
    In addition to my full-time job as a dentist, I’ve been experimenting with how to gain
    know-how in other areas of life. I’m surprised I’m now maing around 300
    month from my work. I am going to check outt your site to view what I can stud on your experience.
    I’ve toyed with the idea of teaching my buddies on this topic but coming here showed me I still
    have a considerable number of ways to go.
    You exposed some secrets that I never knew about.
    Thanks for your post!

10. Hedge Trimmer to offer the best hedges your lawn

To grease a Toro riding mower you have to adopt these measures in
    order-prepare your materials, set the parking brake
    and lose the true secret, clean the mower, wipe the fittings and
    make use of the grease gun to make use of grease, apply grease
    about the grease fitting inside tire, apply grease for the fitting close to the pivot point with the
    idler pulley, make use of the ratchet and socket to lift off the spindle
    covers, clean the grease fitting with the bearing spindles and apply
    grease and, fasten the covers securely and run the mower for
    several minutes.

One of the favorite honest home based companies at the moment is
    performing special attractions videos. If you like like a persons vision behind it camera and
    acquire one to use, you may turn out trading tomorrow. Seriously, think about each of
    the special attractions in people’s lives that they’d like to own on video.
    Weddings, marathons, club events, Little League games,
    retirement dinners, family reunions are some gatherings that searchers
    want on video. You can probably think about tons more.
    Which is good if you select this as the honest home-based business for you.

Then there’s actually planning those events as an honest home
    based business opportunity. If you’re an detail-oriented person who loves gonna parties and dinners,
    here is the great business that you could begin. This can be a
    company you happen to be gonna have already all that you should start.
    So that you may be planning your first wedding tomorrow!

Has the lawnmower been let go of instead of used by some time?
    Did you drain the fuel out before putting it away?
    If the answers to these questions are “yes” and “no”, then it is likely that this fuel has
    gone bad. Check this by placing little bit of
    new fuel into the carburetor or spraying it with some cleaner – if your
    carburetor makes a popping noise, the fuel adjusted
    bad. Drain the tank and change it with new fuel.

Other type of furniture material is considered as aesthetic and timeless unit.
    It is generally employed for making living area home furnishings as units crafted from it are really
    sophisticated and stylish. With great durability and longevity it possesses stylish and unique look.

Original hue of pine itself is so elegant that finishing cost associated with
    it really is more affordable compared to other furnishings.

Exclusive designs could be crafted by it as it requires less effort to chop and design.
    With less maintenance requirement it can be employed for making units for
    example dining room table and chairs, wardrobes, wall chest, crockery cabinets,
    TV cabinets and bed side table.

11. Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar
    one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise?

I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any help is
    very much appreciated.

12. First offf I want tto say fantastic blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you do not mind.
    I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind prior
    to writing. I’ve had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my ideas
    out there. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first
    10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost simply just trying too figure out how
    to begin. Any ideas or tips? Thank you!

13. Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I
    find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I am hoping to offer one thing back and aid others like you helped me.

14. Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before but after browsing through many of the articles I realized it’s new
    to me. Nonetheless, I’m certainly happy I stumbled upon it and I’ll be book-marking
    it and checking back regularly!

15. truthHurts on said:

!!!?????someone please help me understand the point of this interview…besides making an Ass out of this woman. At the end of the day regardless of how much time Trayvon may have spent her home & her love for him will mever change that…..he had a living mother & when things happen to a child it sometimes bring those parents back together in some form or another.

Someone need to educate this woman and remind her that she was exactly that….”THE STEPMOTHER”

• kint on said:

Alicia Stanley was Trayvon’s real mother – her emotions here seem real, Sybrina Fulton is the faker. Sybrina never seems to show any real emotion.

16. This is totally self serving, she clearly wants her 15 minutes. She just wants to be included. This BITCH can barely speak proper english Im so fucking embarrassed at this kinda of IGNORANCE!!! She is not thinking of anyone but herself.

17. Leonard on said:

The reason why Tracy isn’t sharing any information with her because she doesn’t know how to be quiet. She should be someone he can share things with and not run to the media. I understand she is grieving but this interview was to get back at his parents. She is bitter and the most important thing she could have done for the family was to be quiet.

18. She did not help raise Trayvon Martin. he visited her home often because she was married to Tracy. She was not the immediate family that’s why she couldn’t sit in the front row. I’m sure she’s getting an earful from Tracy because of that interview. Sybina probably won’t say anything because that’s not her way. All she’s doing with her selfish statement is adding to their pain. She needs to shut the @##$$% up. During funerals only the immediate family sits in the front row everyone else sits where they cant find a place. I don’t doubt she loved Trayvon but she is a selfish and petty person.

19. RubyWoo on said:

I agree with a lot of the other comments. When I saw this interview, I was disgusted and saddened. I had heard about this lady last year and may have briefly saw her because I had no idea Tracy had remarried at one point. The fact of the matter is, she does not have to be included in anything. I am sure she also wants to come to Court and sit in the front row with Trayvon’s parents. She needs to quit. I don’t care what she says, she is not his mother. To start putting forth claims or innuendos is really in poor taste and inappropriate at a time like this. Whatever her issues are, I am sure, are with Tracy. She needs to grieve or whatever else in private and opposed to getting on national television trying to become relevant. I guarantee we will be getting a book from her soon about how she raised Trayvon, etc. Surprised she did not bring visual aid in the form of pictures (if she has any) to the interview. Utterly ridiculous. Stay in your place miss.

20. Michele Wheeler on said:

Whatever the situation was in the household with the Dad, Mom and Step-Mom is irrelevant to the case as we have a young man dead and no one to tell his side of the story. If this guy walks, it will be the greatest travesty of justice since Emmitt Till in Mississippi!!!

21. BERTHA on said:

If you were never in the picture from the very beginning (never heard about you until now) and if the news media sought you out to find out any information or to hear how another black person is really stupid that is you. why do we allow ourselves to be manipulated over and over again. keeping quiet was your only option.

22. She so wrong for doing this. Shows just how much she really cared for this child. Keeping quiet would have been the respectful thing to do. Trying to minimize Ms. Fulton’s relationship with the child she lost was just tacky… God don’t like ugly…

23. She’s not his Mother I sick and tried of people want to take over someone else child again let keep in mind she his Step Mother not his MOther. know your place.

24. It’s not always good to speak your mind. Some things are better left unsaid. For her to appear on any show while the trial is going on, was not in the best interest of Trayvon!!! It shows she did not care about Trayvon, his parents or the trial.

And for the first comment; ‘Trayvon’s dad moved to another woman, so did Trayvon.’ That wasn’t even called for!! You have done the same thing!

25. Anne on said:

She could at least wait until the trial and possibly appeal is over just to make sure she doesn’t harm or influence the case in an unintended way. It’s really not about her or her feelings right now. It’s about seeking justice for Trayvon. For her to start talking about how she has been treated is inappropriate and makes her sound petty and/or selfish. Trayvon knew how she felt about him and that’s all that should matter to her. Also she said things that were completely unhelpful to the case like the fact that she did not think Zimmerman had spite and that’s part of the State’s burden of proof; it’s for the jury to decide not her. She also said she believed there was a fight, again, that’s for the jury to decide. The above article leaves out the fact that SHE PREVIOUSLY TALKED TO THE MEDIA AND THAT’S WHEN THE FATHER STOPPED SPEAKING TO HER. Looks like she didn’t learn anything from that. She needs to put her feelings on the back burner and SHUT UP!

• RubyWoo on said:

Good post Anne, but I am not worried about her opinions on whether Zimmerman profiled or not Trayvon based on his race alone. I am sure no weight will be attached to her comments or testimony, if she was to testify. And if she is called and starts some mess up about Sybrina not raising him, etc., will be countered by Tracy and Sybrina or addressed beforehand. She’s silly.

26. I believe she had every right to speak her mind….she raised him from 3-16????? Where was Sybrina????Then the Dad moved out with aGIRLFRIEND a month before Mr. Martin died,,,,,makes the stepmom look like a normal grieving mother and the other’s involved greedy and obnoxious

• Anne on said:

“Mr. Martin”…let’s not forget, Trayvon was a KID. Also, if she is making the parents look bad as you said then that proves she should have kept her mouth shut. “Where was Sybrina?” you ask… what intelligent person would just accept this lady’s (Stanley’s) version of the story without considering the possibility that she is exaggerating her role while minimizing the mother’s role? Like I said these issues are a distraction and she should have kept her mouth shut.

• Generally when a couple is separated the children will live with one or the other parent primarily. In this case Trayvon was living with his father. That does not mean that Tryavon’s mother was not in his life or playing an active role as secondary parents do. Is it so hard for you to believe that there are black fathers out there that raise there children along with the mother after the relationship is over? He is a young male and their decision to allow him to live with his father was just that. The woman speaking is his “step mother” and she needs to know her place.

• RubyWoo on said:

Exactly Wildflower. I think some people as evidenced by one of the jurors during jury selection, that the parents specifically Sybrina, is to blame. So any thing to that makes her look bad, will be pounced on by some. It is the same chain of thought held by some. Ha, ha and she still was not his mother.

• Anne on said:

Like someone said below, Trayvon lived with his mother and was visiting his father when he was killed. I’m not passing judgment on how much involvement either parent had. I’m simply saying that we should not just accept this step moms version of the situation when we don’t know if she is being accurate or not when the mother has not and should not give a response. Anyway, like I said, this is a distraction and not the immediate matter at hand.

27. Tami on said:

To give an admission is to testify to something you said, did, or thought. Thus was not an admission, but her opinion. She’s bitter and hurt. If she would have been on the front row, she would have never gone to Anderson.

• msyellarose on said:

Have to go with you on this one. I saw that interview, and she sounds bitter to me too. She should have just been quiet as anything anyone says could taint this case. It doesn’t matter that the jury is sequestered, everyone has an opinon on this.