Well, it is clear that Jay Z just took the game to another level yet again. Going platinum before your music comes out is a new high for an industry that mostly cries about not being able to move units. As many of you know, Samsung reportedly paid $5 for each of the 1 million albums it plans to give away to Samsung Galaxy smart phone users for free, 72 hours before the album’s official release. The music will be streamed via an app and be unveiled later this month. In response to this game-changing announcement, Sean Carter took to Twitter stating, “Ok that was my yearly allotment. See ya’ll 2014.#newrules #magnacartaholygrail.” And the world responded (to the news more than the tweet) with both fanfare and hater-ation. I even heard someone bring up this nonsensical notion of Jay securing his place in the Illuminati by using Samsung to track people. Don’t they know the NSA already did that?
But regardless of the opinion on Jay’s new business deal, we all should be celebrating because Mr. Carter is not the anomaly, he is the possibility. And we all, yes you and I included, have the ability to be game changers in our own lives and careers. Let me leave you with three things that we can all do to be our own Jay Z:
1. Master What You Love
So many of us are living in mediocrity and wondering why we are not going to the next level. Master what you love! It doesn’t matter if it is music, business, school, relationships or parenting. Immerse yourself in information about not just the what, but the how of what you love. Practice your gift without ceasing and perfect it. You will manifest in your mastery what you only dream of in your mediocrity.
2. See Beyond What Makes Sense; Envisioning What You Want To Exist & Create It
Many of us don’t do better because we don’t envision better. Why have a dream that makes sense? Push to create what others can’t see, others can’t imagine, and others won’t work to build. Successful people go where others can’t because they see what others won’t.
3. Be Strategically Fearless
Don’t jump out of the plane without a parachute, but after you have packed, tested, and re-packed the chute, JUMP. Look in the face what terrifies YOU and fight it. Nothing is wrong with the fear. Don’t get me wrong, but it is how we deal with it. Go hard and scare the hell out of what is trying to kill you…FEAR.
You were created to walk in excellence and through mastery, vision, and we will not just be reading about Jay Z, but about you.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25