Well, it is clear that Jay Z just took the game to another level yet again. Going platinum before your music comes out is a new high for an industry that mostly cries about not being able to move units. As many of you know, Samsung reportedly paid $5 for each of the 1 million albums it plans to give away to Samsung Galaxy smart phone users for free, 72 hours before the album’s official release. The music will be streamed via an app and be unveiled later this month. In response to this game-changing announcement, Sean Carter took to Twitter stating, “Ok that was my yearly allotment. See ya’ll 2014.#newrules #magnacartaholygrail.” And the world responded (to the news more than the tweet) with both fanfare and hater-ation. I even heard someone bring up this nonsensical notion of Jay securing his place in the Illuminati by using Samsung to track people. Don’t they know the NSA already did that?
But regardless of the opinion on Jay’s new business deal, we all should be celebrating because Mr. Carter is not the anomaly, he is the possibility. And we all, yes you and I included, have the ability to be game changers in our own lives and careers. Let me leave you with three things that we can all do to be our own Jay Z:
1. Master What You Love
So many of us are living in mediocrity and wondering why we are not going to the next level. Master what you love! It doesn’t matter if it is music, business, school, relationships or parenting. Immerse yourself in information about not just the what, but the how of what you love. Practice your gift without ceasing and perfect it. You will manifest in your mastery what you only dream of in your mediocrity.
2. See Beyond What Makes Sense; Envisioning What You Want To Exist & Create It
Many of us don’t do better because we don’t envision better. Why have a dream that makes sense? Push to create what others can’t see, others can’t imagine, and others won’t work to build. Successful people go where others can’t because they see what others won’t.
3. Be Strategically Fearless
Don’t jump out of the plane without a parachute, but after you have packed, tested, and re-packed the chute, JUMP. Look in the face what terrifies YOU and fight it. Nothing is wrong with the fear. Don’t get me wrong, but it is how we deal with it. Go hard and scare the hell out of what is trying to kill you…FEAR.
You were created to walk in excellence and through mastery, vision, and we will not just be reading about Jay Z, but about you.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31