Get up, a-get-get get down, Dallas, Texas, because 911 is definitely a joke in your town. And you have racist — now terminated — operator, April Sims, to thank for it.
Sims took to her Facebook page to post bigoted, stereotypical insults about Black people, particularly those who call 911. Though her page is private, a friend sent screen caps to a local news station.
One reads: ‘Black people are outrageous! They are more like animals, they never know how to act, just loud [expletive] Always causing problems.’
‘I can count on one hand the black people I know who don’t have [expletive] for brains.I can count on one hand the black people I know who aren’t selfish.’
Another reads: ‘You want to call 911 cause your boyfriend put his hands on you and you want to press charges when you don’t even know his real name?!
‘Sure let’s make a police report for Dino, that is his street name.’
Dallas Police Department fired her for violating their social media policy, which “prohibits employees from posting items or information that may adversely affect the morale, confidence, and public respect of the department,” reports the Daily Mail.
She was just hired in December of 2012.
Se News8 report below:
Sims claims that people should redirect their anger to the real villains in this situation, the Dallas Police Department:
‘You should be more worried about the fact that there is often no Spanish speaker on duty. We have to call a 3rd party language line therefore causing those citizens to wait over a minute for emergency assistance.
‘All because the city doesn’t want to pay employees more speak Spanish. That’s what you should be worried about.’
Dallas City Councilman Dwaine Caraway said that he is “shocked and saddened” by the incident and called it an “embarrassment for the city of Dallas,” reports News 8.
“..it saddens me to know that this is going on and still taking place in today’s time, especially here in 911,” Caraway said.
While it may be sad, it’s most certainly not shocking. Hopefully, new procedures — or adherence to old ones — will ensure that grand-daughters of the KKK don’t get jobs with the police department.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading 911 Operator’s Racist Facebook Rant: ‘Black People Are Like Animals’