Let’s face it. Doing laundry isn’t the most fun chore. With all of the attention we give our clothes, linens are a bit of an afterthought in most households. Here are a few tips on folding and storing linens and how to keep the fresh for use.
1. Make finding matching linens a breeze by placing sets inside pillow cases.
2. Banish the closet smell from linens and towels by using your favorite scented detergent or linen spray.
3. Fold a towel the right way:
• Use a flat surface to lay the towel out lengthwise.
• Fold the towel in thirds lengthwise. Make sure to keep the edges as even as possible.
• Fold the towel in half lengthwise.
• Fold the towel in half again.
4. How to fold a fitted sheet (Watch video below):
• Stand holding the sheet by the two adjacent corners of one of the shorter edges. With the sheet inside out, place one hand in each of these two corners.
• Bring your right hand to your left, and fold the corner in your right hand over the one in your left, enveloping it. Next, reach down and pick up the corner that is hanging in front; bring it up, and fold it over the two corners in your left hand; the corner that’s showing will be inside out.
• Bring the last corner up, and fold it over the others; with its right side showing, it should envelop the other three corners.
• Lay the folded sheet on a flat surface and straighten it into the shape shown.
• Fold the two edges in so all the elastic is hidden.
• Fold the sheet into a rectangle.
• Continue folding until the rectangle is the size you want it to be.
For more organization tips and money-saving coupons, go to www.pgeveryday.com.