Makaziwe (pictured right) and Zenani Mandela (pictured left) are reportedly suing their father, Nelson (pictured), for the rights to his valuable art collection and the control of his millions, according to The Inquisitr.
The women are allegedly fighting a 2004 Johannesburg High Court order that gives Mandela the right to instruct his then-attorney Ismail Ayob to stop managing his financial, personal, and legal affairs. The order also prevented the lawyer from selling any of Nelson’s collection of art pieces.
Last week, Nelson’s current attorney, Bally Chuene, filed a court document in response to the lawsuit that was brought by Makaziwe and Zenani, whose legal counsel is now Ayob.
The suit is mandating that Chuene; George Bizos, a renowned human rights attorney; and Tokyo Sexwale, a cabinet minister, who are named as trustees and directors of the valuable artwork and trust, be removed from their positions and instead allow the daughters to be in control their father’s fortune. The two daughters claim that the three men were never appointed as shareholders or even directors.
The 94-year-old former president of South Africa, who has had more than his fair share of medical problems throughout the last few years, has reportedly informed his legal team in no uncertain terms that he does not want daughters Makaziwe and Zenani involved in his business dealings.
The Global Post states that as per Chuene, who manages Nelson’s investment funds, which are worth more than $1.7 million, “Mr. Mandela made it clear to Makaziwe and Zenani that he did not want them involved in his affairs…the only persons he wanted involved were myself, advocate Bizos…and his other various nominees.”
The attorney goes on to state that the women are only seeking their father’s fortune and their current legal actions are fueled by “greed.”
Chuene also contends that Nelson wanted his two daughters removed as trustees of the companies after they were appointed by his ex-attorney, Ayob, whom Nelson released from his duties after a disagreement.
Bizos, who has been friends with Nelson for years, says that he is ready to fight the lawsuit as he continues to assist his ailing confidant in managing his estate.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Daughters Sue Mandela Over Control Of His Artwork, Companies