The orignal title for Niecey Nash’s book was “Stomach Full, Penis Empty.” Now that’s Chapter 3 of her new book “It’s Hard to Fight Naked.”
“It was a war of wills between myself and the publisher,” Nash told the Tom Joyner Morning Show. “But I sill love the title even though its not my first choice. This book is for grown folk.”
The former star of “Reno 911” and her own reality special “Leave It to Niecey,” is now starring with Cedric The Entertainer on TV Land’s “The Soul Man.” She says that although she’s no expert, she hopes her book affords some practical advice for women seeking husbands. It worked for her good friend Sherri Shepherd, who met husband Lamar Sally at one of the singles parties Nash holds at her home.
“I’ve been the wife, I’ve been the ex-wife so I’ve been through so many things. I didn’t write this book because I feel like I’m an expert. I wrote the book because I feel like I’ve been through so many things so it dawned on me that we struggle the most at the things we were created for which is love.I just invited people to think differently about matters of that heart.”
Nash says one of the most important rules of dating is how you feel about it. If you think negatively, then you will only achieve negativity. If you believe there are no good men out there, well, then that’s what you will likely run into. No-good men.
“What you believe if what you will eventually see. And at some point if all the men that show up are crazy, you gotta look in the mirror and go ‘Good morning crazy!’ ‘Cause that’s something you’re bringing to the party.”
Nash advises that women know what they want before seeking a partner and consider other things aside from their usual ideal.
“People are fallible. There’s only one perfect man and he died on the cross a long time ago. But you have to know what you want. What are your non negotiables? You don’t have to settle for anything else. You say you want a certain man and then when another one shows up, because he’s cute because he’s available because he breaks your back you’re like OK.”
Once you get the man, though Niecy’s rules are pretty simple. As the saying goes Feed ’em and, well, you know the other “f” word that applies. Nash says it works for her in her second marriage to Jay Tucker. The two have been married for two years. Her previous marriage, which produced her three children, ended in divorce after 13 years.
“Some women may take issue with this. We’re the comoplicated ones and men are simple. If you keep that man fed and drained, you’ll be OK. It’s a very fun book but it’s a lot of takeaway.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31