The orignal title for Niecey Nash’s book was “Stomach Full, Penis Empty.” Now that’s Chapter 3 of her new book “It’s Hard to Fight Naked.”
“It was a war of wills between myself and the publisher,” Nash told the Tom Joyner Morning Show. “But I sill love the title even though its not my first choice. This book is for grown folk.”
The former star of “Reno 911” and her own reality special “Leave It to Niecey,” is now starring with Cedric The Entertainer on TV Land’s “The Soul Man.” She says that although she’s no expert, she hopes her book affords some practical advice for women seeking husbands. It worked for her good friend Sherri Shepherd, who met husband Lamar Sally at one of the singles parties Nash holds at her home.
“I’ve been the wife, I’ve been the ex-wife so I’ve been through so many things. I didn’t write this book because I feel like I’m an expert. I wrote the book because I feel like I’ve been through so many things so it dawned on me that we struggle the most at the things we were created for which is love.I just invited people to think differently about matters of that heart.”
Nash says one of the most important rules of dating is how you feel about it. If you think negatively, then you will only achieve negativity. If you believe there are no good men out there, well, then that’s what you will likely run into. No-good men.
“What you believe if what you will eventually see. And at some point if all the men that show up are crazy, you gotta look in the mirror and go ‘Good morning crazy!’ ‘Cause that’s something you’re bringing to the party.”
Nash advises that women know what they want before seeking a partner and consider other things aside from their usual ideal.
“People are fallible. There’s only one perfect man and he died on the cross a long time ago. But you have to know what you want. What are your non negotiables? You don’t have to settle for anything else. You say you want a certain man and then when another one shows up, because he’s cute because he’s available because he breaks your back you’re like OK.”
Once you get the man, though Niecy’s rules are pretty simple. As the saying goes Feed ’em and, well, you know the other “f” word that applies. Nash says it works for her in her second marriage to Jay Tucker. The two have been married for two years. Her previous marriage, which produced her three children, ended in divorce after 13 years.
“Some women may take issue with this. We’re the comoplicated ones and men are simple. If you keep that man fed and drained, you’ll be OK. It’s a very fun book but it’s a lot of takeaway.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25