Did you know that McDonald’s and WalMart have the highest employment rate of elderly people? I know you’ve seen them: greeting at the door, checking your returned items, slowly taking your order at the drive-thru window, cashiering. Will that be you? Will you have to work during your retirement years? Sadly, most people will not be in a position to retire from working until they are well into their 70′s or even 80′s.
Most times when I sit with a client I ask, “At what age do you want to retire?” They often say, “Tomorrow” to be sarcastic or “By 65,” to be hopeful. The reality is, if you did not start stacking your chips early, it is unlikely for you to have what you really need by the time you reach retirement age. I know you may be reading this with a little side-eye but it’s the truth.
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!
If you are in your mid 30′s, early 40′s or later and you have not started investing your money aggressively before now, you are going to be in trouble in the next 20-25 years – unless you receive a large sum of money. Some people are disillusioned to think that Social Security will be available to factor in to your retirement needs. Have you read that statement lately? It clearly tells us not to depend on that system and to create other means of survival during your latter years. It all boils down to saving your money. Although you may not have had the education necessary to understand the importance of the “Rule of 72″ or the “power of compound interest,” it is still in your best interest to establish something that will help you achieve your ultimate goal, independence.
Discipline is the key in order to have money for the future. You have to be willing to make some sacrifices now so that you don’t pay the high cost of waiting later. If you don’t, you will find yourself coming out of retirement to work another job to make ends meet. Real talk! What I love is, it doesn’t take a lot in order to have what you need down the road. You don’t have to have goo-gobs of money, you just need to know what to do with what you have in order to be able to achieve a significant reward. That’s where meeting with a financial professional is going to come in handy. You need someone who can assess your needs, find out what you want and help you create a plan to get there. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you have time. Michael Jackson said it best, “Time Waits For No One”. Get your life together today so your tomorrow isn’t filled with shoulda-coulda-woulda.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Financial Freedom: Will You Have To Work During Your Retirement Years?