Did you know that McDonald’s and WalMart have the highest employment rate of elderly people? I know you’ve seen them: greeting at the door, checking your returned items, slowly taking your order at the drive-thru window, cashiering. Will that be you? Will you have to work during your retirement years? Sadly, most people will not be in a position to retire from working until they are well into their 70′s or even 80′s.
Most times when I sit with a client I ask, “At what age do you want to retire?” They often say, “Tomorrow” to be sarcastic or “By 65,” to be hopeful. The reality is, if you did not start stacking your chips early, it is unlikely for you to have what you really need by the time you reach retirement age. I know you may be reading this with a little side-eye but it’s the truth.
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!
If you are in your mid 30′s, early 40′s or later and you have not started investing your money aggressively before now, you are going to be in trouble in the next 20-25 years – unless you receive a large sum of money. Some people are disillusioned to think that Social Security will be available to factor in to your retirement needs. Have you read that statement lately? It clearly tells us not to depend on that system and to create other means of survival during your latter years. It all boils down to saving your money. Although you may not have had the education necessary to understand the importance of the “Rule of 72″ or the “power of compound interest,” it is still in your best interest to establish something that will help you achieve your ultimate goal, independence.
Discipline is the key in order to have money for the future. You have to be willing to make some sacrifices now so that you don’t pay the high cost of waiting later. If you don’t, you will find yourself coming out of retirement to work another job to make ends meet. Real talk! What I love is, it doesn’t take a lot in order to have what you need down the road. You don’t have to have goo-gobs of money, you just need to know what to do with what you have in order to be able to achieve a significant reward. That’s where meeting with a financial professional is going to come in handy. You need someone who can assess your needs, find out what you want and help you create a plan to get there. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you have time. Michael Jackson said it best, “Time Waits For No One”. Get your life together today so your tomorrow isn’t filled with shoulda-coulda-woulda.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Financial Freedom: Will You Have To Work During Your Retirement Years?