Talk show hostess Wendy Williams has a full life. Fresh off of partying in celebration of her new book “Ask Wendy” she called into the Tom Joyner Morning Show to share about her new book. “The party was righteous,” she told the team. “I’m running around now trying to find wigs and heels. When I go to a club Iike to take my shoes off and I get up on the banquette and I like to dance like I stole something and my mother’ s now watching.”
That’s the life of the 48-year-old daytime TV maven, who seems set to take over all mediums. The newly slimmed down Williams says that it took her several months of careful eating to drop 20 pounds.
“Diets are diets they are ways of life,” Williams says. “If you do it, you don’t eat as much as you used to eat, but you don’t cut anything out except for mayonnaise and cheese, they’re a sometimes thing.”
The impetus for weight loss came about when Williams knew after Season 3 that she’d have a new set for Season 4 and she wanted to reflect the changes in the studio with her own makeover.
“I mean, it took a year. Last May, we went on a 3 month hiatus to celebrate Season 4 I knew we were coming back to a new studio with HD. I knew that exciting things could be in store when we came back. Around late August we got the call about posing for PETA, It just all fit into the master plan of what I was planning to do with myself anyway. I am the same size I have been in the past. It just so happens that little by little that business lunches, dinners, late night snacking, extra cheese, extra schmears of mayonnaise, you have to untuck and you have to dial it back.”
Her book “Ask Wendy” is a compilation of letters from the popular segment she does on “The Wendy Williams Show.”
“The “Ask Wendy” book, its been doing really well. It came out on Tuesday. It was a book I wanted to write for many many years, but I had to fid the time.The angle is – I have Wendy watchers from all across the country. Write me your letters, send me your emails, fly a pigeon to the studio. Get in touch with me, do something, and ask me about your serious problems whether it’s about money, family, sex, infidelity regarding sex, weird sex, or your kids.”
No questions were off-limits but Wendy said some even she couldn’t include.
“There was a question in the “In The Sheets,” chapter. A woman was asking about a particular animal she had. You think I would go there, why not? But even I didn’t want to print that particular question.”
Williams says biggest issues revolve around universal things.
“Money drama,” she says. “People lending money, little bits of money, things like $25 breaking up friendships, not because of the amount of money but because of the principle. And
it is unbelievable that some people are so permissive with their kids. They have to ask a council of people what to do with a 12 year old. What? You own him. Feed him, beat him, beat him good!”
“Ask Wendy” is in stores and available for download now.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31