Actor Michael Clarke Duncan’s untimely death last September was a sad event for his family, his fiancee, reality star Omarosa Manigualt and the fans who loved his work in movies like “The Green Mile.” But since his death, his sister Judy and Omarosa have had some issues. Fans of “The Celebrity Apprentice” may remember harsh comments that Claudia Jordan made about Manigualt and on the March 17th episode of the last season, Manigault left a task to try and stop the tabloids from releasing the teary 911 call became ill. Judy Duncan called the Tom Joyner Morning Show to try and set the record straight.
The biggest revelation is that Manigualt may not have been Duncan’s fiancee after all.
“When I sat in the hospital in July, she brought me an 8 1/2 by 11 inch photo of a hand with a ring and said ‘Look at this picture we’re engaged,’ and then I did not see a ring. Then in diferent photos, there are different rings. Now I spoke to people within Michael’s camp, people who were familiar with Michael’s finances, things that he buys. If Michael was going to buy you a ring it was going to be expensive, first of all. And you would have had that ring on and you would have wanted people to see.”
Duncan says that contrary to a TMZ report that said the two were secretly planning Janurary 2013 nuptials, there was no wedding date set. Manigault and Duncan had been dating since 2010, reportedly meeting in a Whole Foods store.
“Michael was not engaged,” Duncan asserts. “Because the first person he would have told would have been my mom. And with her living with me, then I would have known.”
Duncan’s main issues with Manigualt is that Duncan died alone. After an initial heart attack in July that left the actor hospitalized until his death in September, Manigualt was at the Tom Joyner Family Reunion with her mother when Michael died unexpectedly.
“We were told by her, that her mom was there, holding his hand, reading Scriptures to him as he passed. And she was on the cruise,” Duncan says. (Tom corrected her; Manigualt and her mother were attending the Family Reunion in Orlando, when Duncan died.)
I am devastated,” Omarosa said at the time, in a statement to RadarOnline.com. “He was the love of my life.”
Duncan told the TJMS that she can’t speak directly to any issues with the will. Reportedly, though Omarosa is the main beneficiary of Duncan’s reported $18 million dollar estate, Judy was left $100,000 from the will. Judy has hired a lawyer, claiming that her ill brother was not in mental or physical shape to sign any papers.
“I find discussing finances so distasteful in public,” Judy said. “Our legal team has told us due to legalities we really can’t talk about the will. We are included. My issues now are not so much money. There’s not enough money that can be given to me to make up for the loss of my brother and I’m the caretaker of my mom. My mom is 93 and she lives with me and I take care of her. But there are some other issues.”
Duncan says she is looking for the return of photos and other personal property and that despite emails to Omarosa that she has in her possession, the items have not been returned. At this point in time, Judy confirms that the two women are no longer in communication. On her end, Omarosa has denied any wrongdoing.
“I don’t control the estate or the finances and Judy knows it,” Omarosa said earlier this year. “If you saw all of her emails and texts to me you would see that she is just trying to get money from me, and threatened going to press if I did not give it to her and that is a crime!” said Manigault.
Despite the rift, Judy says she doesn’t expect to go to court. She also says she was not estranged from her brother at the time of his death as has been claimed. She and her family were at the funeral. If anything, Duncan seems hurt by the lack of regard she says Manigualt has had for her and her family during such a sad time.
“There are just things that we wanted that we didn’t get and we’ve been lied to about some things,” Duncan says.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30