They used to be your favorite soul singers. Now they’re yet another group of reality show stars, reuniting for a tour of fabulous vocalists and for Season 2 of “R&B Divas” a show that chronicles the personal and professional struggles of singers Angie Stone, Faith Evans, Monifah Carter, Syleena Johnson, Keke Wyatt, Brownstone’s Nicci Gilbert and Xcsape’s LaTocha Scott. This season, the ladies are trying to keep it together enough to make the tour happen but are challenged by family issues and their own diva-like behavior.
Wyatt’s husband, Michael Ford, becomes an unofficial diva with his own web series, “The World According to Michael.” Despite the issue the other ladies had with Wyatt’s husband being aroundn 24-7 (this is Wyatt’s second husband, some may remember her infamous Christmas Day stabbing of the first), Ford will be back on “R&B Divas” as well.
“That’s my bay-bay!” Wyatt told the Tom Joyner Morning Show. “They [the divas] were just hating.”
Wyatt says that yes, she and her husband are together 24-7, and that’s fine by both of them.
“When he’s getting on my nerves, I might go get my nails done,” Wyatt said. Wyatt has said that she chose her husband because she knew he wouldn’t be abusive like her first one was. She told Essence.com she did her research before she married the second time and said “The people who raised him just wouldn’t allow him to be anything but respectful towards women. [Laughs] I can tell you now, if he did anything crazy I could call his family and they’d come set him straight.”
Despite the scrutiny a reality show brings to a relationship and the fact that many of them don’t survive it, Wyatt says her relationship is grounded in faith, which keeps it strong.
“When you put God at the head of your life, you can’t go wrong. My scripture told me this morning to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not into your own understanding. So therefore, honey, we are good because we are leaning on Him, and when you’re leaning on him, can’t nobody do nothing. My husband is the head, I’m the tail, and we good.”
As for drama on the show this season, Wyatt says to no one’s surprise, to expect plenty. The ladies are preparing to go on tour together, but naturally, there are obstacles in their way, both external and external.
“Angie Stone’s on there,” Wyatt said in a voice that sounds like the two will bump heads, though Wyatt wouldn’t elaborate. “I’m not at liberty to run this trap, although I want to,” she said. “I’ll tell you this, it’s going to be more me, and a whole lot of me and that’s all I care about,” she said.
And the fact that Wyatt calls her “old,” a description Stone probably won’t care for, means it’s likely to be on and poppin’ for the Divas. So far, the drama we’ve seen in the preview is between Nicci Gilbert and Syleena Johnson, though the often difficult Nicci was once said to be on her way out of the show.
Watch it all unfold on TV One as the second season of “R&B Divas” kicks off tonight at 10 p.m.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31