NC Crews Work to Recover 2 Children Under Dirt

Comments: 1  | Leave A Comment
  • advertisement
  • DENVER, N.C. (AP) — Authorities continued searching early Monday for the bodies of two children who were trapped when dirt fell on them while playing in a hole at a home construction site near Charlotte.

    A father of one of the children called 911 Sunday afternoon, according to Lincoln County Emergency Management officials. The Charlotte Observer reported that Jordan Caldwell told operators he saw the dirt collapse on the 6-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy.

    Officials say crews were on the scene within minutes but couldn’t get to the children, who were trapped about 20 feet below a new home that was under construction. Neighbors told the newspaper a man building the home had been digging with a backhoe earlier in the day.

    1 2 Next page »

    • More Related Content

    Comments

    One thought on “NC Crews Work to Recover 2 Children Under Dirt

    Add Your Comment

    Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

    WordPress.com Logo

    You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

    Twitter picture

    You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

    Facebook photo

    You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

    Google+ photo

    You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

    Connecting to %s