Ohio Teens Released in Twitter Threat Case

Comments: 0  | Leave A Comment
  • advertisement
  • STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (AP) — Two Ohio teens accused of making online threats against a rape victim have denied the charges and been released on house arrest.

    The two 16-year-old Jefferson County girls had been held in juvenile detention in Steubenville since their arrest last week.

    The girls entered the juvenile court equivalent of a not guilty plea Wednesday before Juvenile Judge Sam Kerr. Their attorneys had no comment.

    Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says the girls posted threatening comments on Twitter on March 17, the day two high school football players were convicted of raping a 16-year-old West Virginia girl last summer. The case roiled the town of Steubenville and stirred widespread reaction online.

    DeWine’s office says the tweets threatened homicide and bodily harm against the rape victim.

    (Photo: AP)

    Tags:

    • More Related Content

    Comments

    Add Your Comment

    Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

    WordPress.com Logo

    You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

    Twitter picture

    You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

    Facebook photo

    You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

    Google+ photo

    You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

    Connecting to %s