There are two things that I want to talk about this morning and I need you to help me take action on both of them.
First I need to ask you if you know the name Ernest Hoskins Jr. If you do, you know that he was a 21- year-old who worked at a green technology firm near Ward, Arkansas and was a recent husband, and father of an adopted daughter with a child on the way.
If you have never heard of him you probably don’t know that on Nov. 9, he attended a lunch at his bosses house with three other co-workers. I’m sure you don’t know that during that lunch his boss, who he got along with pulled a 44 Magnum out (no one can say why), aimed it at Ernest’s face (who incidentally was the only black at the table), pulled the trigger, and while un-cocking the gun “accidentally” shot Ernest in the face, ultimately killing him.
The boss, Chris Reynolds, was not arrested for 17 days until pressure from the family brought some media attention. But now the special prosecutor has reduced the initial charge from one count of first-degree murder and two counts of aggravated assault to second-degree murder. Witnesses say there was no argument, no debates, and that none of them know why the gun was retrieved. But all admit that Ernest was shot by Reynolds.
In what world can you point blank shoot a man and not be arrested for 17 days. If it was not an accident that you pointed the gun in is face, and you were not under medication or magic that made you pull the trigger then it is not an accident that this father, husband, son, and brother is dead weeks before he and Nikki were scheduled to publicly celebrate their recent wedding. Instead Nikki and his mother were planning a funeral.
Ernest’s wife Nikki, and his mother, Monica Hoskins, need your help to ensure that justice is done. There is a petition on change.org calling for Gov. Beebe to demand Special Prosecutor Jack McQuary to properly charge Christopher Reynolds with 1st degree murder in Ernest Hoskins Jr.’s death.
To sign the petition, please visit the link here. We need the TJMS family to give them 5000 signatures and help Justice be done.
I must reiterate lasts week’s commentary about talking to our kids. A song was just released called “You ain’t even know it”, with a Rick Ross lyric saying:
“Put molly all in her champagne/ She ain’t e’en know it/ I took her home and enjoyed that/ She ain’t e’en know it”.
Our sons and daughters will hear this and countless other lyrics condoning violence against women. WE MUST STOP THIS MESS. Read my full opinion on the lyrics here.
Sign the petition for Ernest Today, talk to your kid tonight and that’s YOUR Truth.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31