“The Game” is back on BET for a sixth season and things have definitely changed around the Sabers camp. Tia Mowry is out as Melanie and Pooch Hall, though he remains as Derwin, will play a lesser role. But there’s good news for Lauren London fans – the former video star turned actress joins the cast this season as Keira Michelle Whitaker. Also joining “The Game” is newcomer Jay Ellis, who plays Bryan “Blue” Westbrook. Wendy Raquel Robinson as Tasha Mack, Brandy as Chardonnay, Hosea Chanchez as Malik and Coby Bell as Jason return in what is sure to be a drama-filled season.
“The Game” airs it’s 100th episode on Tuesday, March 26th at 10 p.m. Robinson checked into the Tom Joyner Morning Show today to give viewers a preview.
Tom Joyner: It’s “The Game’s 100th episode. That’s ding, ding, ding, ding ding!
Wendy Raquel Robinson: Weelll, not on cable. It’s more like tink, tink, tink, tink.
Wendy: But at the same time, we did 100 episodes of amazing television as far as I’m concerned. I know it’s been a ride as far as the stories and characters have gone but it’s been amazing.
Tom: Especially for your character Tasha Mack. Now how does Tasha Mack love her man this year?
Wendy: Honey, I can’t wait to see your face.
Wendy: You know what it is? Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. She gets caught between two lovers, I mean completely.
Sybil: Are they different lovers?
Wendy: Without giving everything away, but it’s crazy.
Sybil: Oh, come on.
Wendy, I’m just saying. It’s crazy. But you’ve got to watch it to see. It’s a ride. It really is. I can honestly say this is one of the best seasons I’ve had for me artistically and emotionally with this character.
Tom: Are there similarities between Tasha Mack and Wendy Raquel Robinson and what are they?
Wendy: The similarities are she says what I’m thinking. She’s unapologetically who she is, you know. She’ll get it out but Wendy won’t say it.
Tom: And Wendy’s men?
Wendy: Say that again?
Tom: Wendy’s men or man? Or?
Wendy: My husband?
Tom: Oh, you’re married!
Sybil: Yes, she is.
Wendy: I was like wait a minute now –
Sybil: What have you heard? (laughter)
Wendy: Really, Tom? (Laughter)
Tom: And what about Malik? What about Malik this year? He went into a dark place last season.
Wendy: It’s not as dark this season. He’s trying to stretch that dollar out. He’s trying to come back and be that enterpro-Negro. He starts a business. Some real funny stuff but he’s got his own thing happening. We don’t see each other – our characters. We don’t cross paths but when we do, it’s amazing.
Sybil: What about the loss of characters over the past season? Tia Mowry’s not coming back this season. She’s done.
Wendy: Right, right. We’ve got new cast additions and nobody’s being replaced or anything like that. It’s kind of similar to how the NFL is. You know you’ve got a draft, people get traded and they go and they come. That’s basically how this is going to take place. But Lauren London comes in and Jay Ellis. So we’ve so mo’ eye candy for the women and the men. Some mo’ funny and some freshness and it don’t stop and it don’t stop.
Sybil: I really enjoyed you on the twins reality show, seeing you with Tia and hanging out with her. Would you do a reality show?
Wendy: You know, it would have to be the right format. It would have to benefit me in a lot of ways and I wouldn’t compromise anything artistically for a reality show.
Sybil: So that would be a “No.”
Tom: She got a 100 episodes now.
Wendy: Remember, it’s cable.
Sybil: The Game returns on Tuesday nights.
Wendy: Yes, love you!
Tom: Love you, too.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31