Halle Berry and Morris Chestnut together can only mean one thing – both male and female movie fans will get their money’s worth in theaters this weekend. Berry and Chestnut are onscreen together in “The Call” where Berry plays a 911 operator who must outwit a sadistic killer.
Chestnut has also made his fans happy by agreeing, along with the rest of the cast, to reprise his role as Lance Sullivan in the sequel to the popular 1999 movie “The Best Man.” That movie is expected to hit screens with its entire original cast including Taye Diggs, Nia Long and Terrence Howard, this fall. Chestnut is reprising his role as groom Lance Sullivan and he told Ebony.com that the film will be set at Sullivan’s house when the group gathers years later to celebrate Christmas together. Howard leaked to another outlet that there might be a tragedy involved.
As far as his current role, Chestnut says working with his Oscar-winning co-star was a no-brainer as far as he was concerned. “My manager sent me the script and basically said that Halle was attached to it!” Chestnut told Ebony.com. “I’ve always admired her work. Then I read the script and I really felt strong about it. It was a page-turner, I just couldn’t really put the script down.” In” The Call,” Chestnut plays a police detective who shares more than just a passion for crime-solving with Berry.
“I think most of the women in the world — and maybe a few men — would think I was the lucky one, since I get to kiss Morris Chestnut!” Berry told The Chicago Sun-Times.” Leading ladies aside, what else makes Chestnut, who got his big break as Ricky Baker in “Boyz In the Hood” over two decades ago, pick a film is the writing and what jumps off the page.
“To me, it’s always about the script. If someone were to come to me – let’s say eight years ago – and said I have a concept in which a pimp wants to be a rapper. I would have said no, that doesn’t sound good,” Chestnut told HollywoodChicago.com. And then Terrence Howard is nominated for Best Actor in ‘Hustle & Flow.’
So I don’t say there is one particular role that I wouldn’t play or not, it really depends on the script. You can hear the most outrageous concepts, but until you read the script, it doesn’t matter. I’ve heard concepts that are phenomenal, but then I get the script and I can’t get past the first ten pages. Specifically, I’d probably like to do more action roles. But what’s for me, is for me. I’ve had opportunities that didn’t work out, and so I’m just going to keep it moving.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31