Blogs don’t write, people write them.
That makes about as much sense as that old NRA line “Guns don’t kill, people do.”
With all the gun violence happening almost daily in our community and other places as well, it’s time to start making sense. The NRA and many of those who are supporters have a slick way of always sticking to their talking points, no matter what questions are asked. There’s something to be said for persistence, but for us to make any type of move toward making laws safer for citizens; there needs to be action. So, I’m going to skip right past their rhetoric about trying to take away citizens’ right to bear arms and that new laws will protect the criminals and punish the good guys; because that’s just not the case.
We have a mantra around here that’s goes “follow the money.” Usually when a solution that seems simple isn’t addressed you can look deeper and you’ll discover that someone is being paid to either make it happen or keep it from happening.
In this case, the NRA and others who benefit from the sale of guns have no intention of making changes that will have an impact on their bottom line. The more guns being sold, the more money they make. The more money they make, the more they have to spend lobbying politicians to make sure that there are no real changes in the gun laws.
The bottom line in my opinion should be human life. If lives are being lost because of high-powered assault weapons then I say get rid of the high –powered assault weapons or a least make them extremely difficult to purchase.
But instead they want to add guns going so far as to say teachers in the class rooms should be armed.
We can’t even depend on some teachers to refrain from having sex with their teenage students, now we want to put guns in their hands. A break up between the algebra teacher and 9th grade Timmy could get very ugly!
Last week the NRA spokesman said Black people need more guns. This time instead of following the money, let’s follow the racism. There are only two reasons he wants black to have more guns…1.to encourage black on black crime and 2. because the majority of gun violence perpetuated by Black people happens in black cites and neighborhoods. Not their hood not their problem, right?
And that’s why we…the people are most likely to be victims of shootings. We should be protesting the loudest about gun reform.
Let’s face it, the lobbyist, manufacturers, politicians and others who are getting fat wallets from the sales of guns are counting on the fact that neither they or any of their family members will ever be shot. The odds are probably in their favor.
All you have to do is read an urban newspaper and you’ll see that we aren’t as lucky.
Meanwhile, as the debate goes on, gun sales are off the chain. Many of the purchasers are reacting to the messages from right wing media, including Christian radio, that President Obama is coming for their guns. So combine the fact that we already have a track record of the Stand Your Ground Law working against us; we also have angry, gun-toting people ready to wage a war because they think the President is after their guns.
Sorry to say this, but it is becoming more and more dangerous to be black in America… or anywhere. Let’s get these guns off the streets!
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30