Okay, please forgive me but enough already, it’s just too much. No more Harlem Shake, it’s gotta stop!
And I know we did our own Hardest Working Harlem Shake here with the TJMS crew for all to see on Black America Web, but it’s getting out of control and no, I don’t want to be flying miles above the earth in a 747 when some college students have the bright idea to throw on some masks and shake the plane, no thank you, I’ll take the bus.
And while we’re at it, please no more high priced athletes shaking in their locker rooms, no more international revolutionary factions shaking to mock their political foes, and no more senior citizens shaking themselves half to death.
Okay, now that we’ve cleared the air, allow me to suggest some people who are really in need of a shake; ’cause these folks have really lost their minds and someone needs to shake some sense back into them.
First off, Congress, for all of their sequester battles and harmful budget cuts, someone needs to shake them up to get them to actually serve the American people.
Second, those pushing to repeal the Voting Rights Act under the guise of “state sovereignty”. Isn’t it interesting how every time people of color become more powerful, somebody steps in and wants to change the rules? Shake ‘em like a Polaroid.
Third, The Onion ―the online, allegedly-humorous magazine that apparently smells just like its name ―for their recent and vile attack on nine-year old Oscar nominee, Quvenzhané Wallis and their subsequent apology wasn’t much better. Go on…Shake ‘em like an Etch-a-Sketch!
And finally, the editors of Bloomberg Business Week, for running buffoonish and racially offensive cover images of African Americans and Latinos on their recent edition called “The Great American Housing Rebound.”
The offensive cover insinuates that greedy homeowners of color are somehow greatly profiting from a housing sector recovery. You can shake AND stir this one by going to the Bloomberg Business Week site at www.businessweek.com , hitting the “Feedback” link at the bottom of the page, and demanding an apology, unlike the insincere one they’ve offered thus far.
I’ll close with this from revivalist Vance Havner:
“Sometimes your medicine bottle has on it, ‘Shake well before using.’ That is what God has to do with some of His people. He has to shake them well before they are ever usable.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25