I have roughly three phone conferences and approximately two in-person meetings a day. I also have a check-in with our two graphic designers who I work closely with to ensure we have the most professional and creative gallery cards possible.
On any given day, I could have an off-site meeting where I am visiting an artist’s studio or meeting in a coffee shop with an artist about an upcoming program/exhibition. It could also involve working with my sister Melonie on a program for both AAACC and Infin8 Sync or where Infin8 Sync is providing a service to AAACC under the management of Melonie Green.
In addition to all of the meetings, emails, events, opening receptions, I am also responsible for assessing the success or needs of improvements for the Visual Arts Department by providing quarterly reports and board reports.
My day ends with a walk-through of the galleries and final check in with the staff. After leaving work, I go to the gallery or home to check in with Melonie about what programs or events Infin8 Sync has in store and do what I can to fall right in under her leadership.
I love what I do because everyday is different from the day before and I am surrounded by artists and art supporters who know what it takes to inspire and empower artists. I have learned there is an order to everything and it is so important to be business savvy in addition to being creative.
Things always change according to the projects we are working on. First thing in the morning (usually around 7:30am), I check the emails/text messages and make sure as many responses and loose ends are covered. The most pressing events and collaborations receive priority phone calls and responses. There are usually several meetings throughout the day. I check in on the gallery and do my best to physically be there (even for just a few short hours) a couple times a week.
My biggest goal of the day is dedicated hours to solid work on the computer with little to no distraction. This is… a goal. We work for and with the art and public service communities, so it’s very hands on and often makes day-to-day activities unpredictable. The main goals for us are to stay engaged and make sure we provide the best support and partnership for all of the events we host and collaborate on.
HB: What prompted your interest in the arts, and specifically revitalizing the Western Addition/Fillmore arts district in San Francisco ?
Melorra: Melonie and I have always been interested in the arts for as far back as I can remember. From taking art classes to being in the marching band, we have found ways to surround ourselves with the arts. Upon moving to San Francisco and graduating from the Academy of Art University, we knew we needed to find a community of artists and art resources that could encourage us and allow us to grow. We found the San Francisco Black Film Festival (SFBFF) where we were able to work our way up from volunteers and stuffing bags, to serving as ticket sales managers, to Co-Executive Producers. The founder Ave Montague was very encouraging in that way.
We also learned from the SFBFF that there was a need or a problem in communication between pic and sound artists. So we created events that would bring these two together in an ego-free environment. This marriage of pic and sound artists and our need to help fill that gap is where the name of our company, Infin8 Sync, came from. In the film industry, ‘sync’ is the perfect marriage of pic and sound. We have tried to maintain that marriage since and it has been quite a journey.
« Previous page 1 2 3 Next page »
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30