Three signs that the end might be near: 1. Al Roker was actually doing the weather this morning, 2. The Los Angeles Clippers have a better record than the L.A. Lakers and 3. on the topic of lifting the ban of women serving in combat in the U.S. military, I actually agree with conservative former Congressman Allen West!
Like West, I believe that pitting women against men in combat is like expecting women to successfully go up against men in professional contact sports. Who thinks that’s a good idea? I’m not in any way discounting the skill, strength, agility, intelligence, or any of the attributes it takes for one to succeed in military combat. On paper and even in some actual situations, I’m certain that some women could perform as well as or better than some men.
But in an actual combat situation against a brutal enemy, I would not take the risk of women being killed or harmed physically or mentally.
Of course, females who enlist in the military have the ability to make the decision whether or not to serve in this capacity. But I hope, when it comes down to it, common sense, and yeah, compassion will prevail. I’m all for equal rights, equal pay, equal everything. But women are not built to compete physically with their male counter parts, and especially not an enemy.
Now, someone is going to say, but Tom, there was a time when black men were allowed to perform certain jobs in the military and now it sounds like you’re condoning the same kind of discrimination against women. To you, I say, “don’t even try it.”
If you disagree with me let me hear your thoughts and more importantly, an alternate solution. In the meantime, in jest, we put together a mock squadron of female celebrities who could possibly give our opposing forces a run for their money:
Naomi Campbell, Brenda Richie, Lebron James’ mom, Basketball Wives, Atlanta Housewives, Elin Woods, (bring your golf club) Pilar Sanders, and Deion’s Aunt Laura, Big Ang from “Mob Wives” and Serena Willliams (bring your racket).
In all seriousness, I wouldn’t want any of those women on the frontlines, no matter how much fight they have in them..no more than I’d want to see the best female football player in the country run up against linebacker Ray Lewis. I don’t have any sisters or daughters, but I do have granddaughter. Perhaps selfishly, I’m looking out for her. I want her to know that she can grow up to do anything and be anything…but she doesn’t have to prove that to anyone by risking her life.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31