Three signs that the end might be near: 1. Al Roker was actually doing the weather this morning, 2. The Los Angeles Clippers have a better record than the L.A. Lakers and 3. on the topic of lifting the ban of women serving in combat in the U.S. military, I actually agree with conservative former Congressman Allen West!
Like West, I believe that pitting women against men in combat is like expecting women to successfully go up against men in professional contact sports. Who thinks that’s a good idea? I’m not in any way discounting the skill, strength, agility, intelligence, or any of the attributes it takes for one to succeed in military combat. On paper and even in some actual situations, I’m certain that some women could perform as well as or better than some men.
But in an actual combat situation against a brutal enemy, I would not take the risk of women being killed or harmed physically or mentally.
Of course, females who enlist in the military have the ability to make the decision whether or not to serve in this capacity. But I hope, when it comes down to it, common sense, and yeah, compassion will prevail. I’m all for equal rights, equal pay, equal everything. But women are not built to compete physically with their male counter parts, and especially not an enemy.
Now, someone is going to say, but Tom, there was a time when black men were allowed to perform certain jobs in the military and now it sounds like you’re condoning the same kind of discrimination against women. To you, I say, “don’t even try it.”
If you disagree with me let me hear your thoughts and more importantly, an alternate solution. In the meantime, in jest, we put together a mock squadron of female celebrities who could possibly give our opposing forces a run for their money:
Naomi Campbell, Brenda Richie, Lebron James’ mom, Basketball Wives, Atlanta Housewives, Elin Woods, (bring your golf club) Pilar Sanders, and Deion’s Aunt Laura, Big Ang from “Mob Wives” and Serena Willliams (bring your racket).
In all seriousness, I wouldn’t want any of those women on the frontlines, no matter how much fight they have in them..no more than I’d want to see the best female football player in the country run up against linebacker Ray Lewis. I don’t have any sisters or daughters, but I do have granddaughter. Perhaps selfishly, I’m looking out for her. I want her to know that she can grow up to do anything and be anything…but she doesn’t have to prove that to anyone by risking her life.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30