The reality series “R&B Divas,” which followed Faith Evans, Nicci Gilbert-Daniels, Monifah Carter, Syleena Johnson and Keke Wyatt working together to produce a compilation album, begins production in Atlanta this month for a second season on TV One. The show will be joined on the network by a spinoff series to take place in Los Angeles.
The original “R&B Divas” will return this spring with its original cast intact for eight-episodes, while “R&B Divas: LA” (working title), which will follow the lives and careers of five yet-to-be-named Los Angeles based R&B performers, is scheduled to premiere in the third quarter of 2013. It will also have an eight-episode order.
“R&B Divas has definitely struck a positive chord with viewers,” remarked Toni Judkins, executive vice president programming and production for TV One. “Week-after-week, the series continued to build on its audience and we’re thrilled to provide another season and a new franchise of a dynamic program that is clearly resonating with audiences.”
TV One has also announced the addition of the half-hour sitcom “Family Time” to its Friday night classic comedy block beginning this week.
The show, created by Bentley Kyle Evans (“The Jamie Foxx Show,” “Martin,” “Love That Girl”), centers around the life and times of the Stallworths, a working class African American family who gets lucky with a scratch-off lottery ticket and makes the leap to middle class status overnight. Omar Gooding and Angel Conwell star as parents Anthony and Lisa Stallworth, while Jayla Calhoun and Bentley Kyle Evans, Jr. play their children.
“The Stallworths represent a true-to life African American family working to pursue the American dream,” TV One says in a press release. “The series follows the family as they move to a middle class community in Southern California resulting in classic comedic moments tinged with humorous drama.”
“Family Time” will premiere Friday (Jan. 25) at 9 p.m. with two episodes back to back and then settle into its regularly scheduled time slot of Fridays at 7:30 p.m. beginning Feb. 1.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25