Anyone who has shed a significant amount of weight knows that the worst part of taking it off is the dreaded plateau.
It’s that place where after dropping pounds like unwanted suitors, you suddenly can’t shake them off. It’s where it is easy to get discouraged and give up and begin that long, slow creep back to where you started.
But Dr. Ian Smith, who has helped many TJMS listeners and BlackAmericaWeb.com readers get rid of unwanted pounds and keep them off in the 50 Million Pound Challenge, has taken weight loss a step further with his SHRED diet.
Starting with tweeting daily diet tips from his SHRED plan to his followers, his messages went viral. The average weight loss has been 20 pounds in just six weeks and the plan has been praised as affordable, easy to follow and to swallow.
Smith’s book, SHRED: The Revolutionary Diet—Six Weeks, Four Inches, Two Sizes integrates all of his dieting tools into one plan. It combines a low glycemic diet, meal spacing and replacements over six weeks. It allows dieters to graze, eating six smaller meals and snacks over the course of the day, instead of three squares a day, allowing the body to better process food intake.
One key element of the program is “diet confusion,” in which the meal plan tricks the body to rev up its performance, the same way physical workouts must be varied to get maximum results.
The SHRED program features an element each week, which ultimately work in concert:
• Prime prepares you for the rest of the plan, focusing on meal spacing, proper snacking techniques, and suppressing hunger without consuming too many calories.
• Challenge is a confidence booster, showing dieters that despite past failures or plans they thought would be too difficult, they actually have what it takes to succeed.
• Transformation, the toughest week, a critical seven days where most shredders start truly noticing a difference, many dropping a clothing size
• Ascend combines knowledge and skills of the first three weeks to keep dieters motivated and moving forward
• Cleanse pays special attention to enhancing your liver’s ability to detoxify your blood.
• Explode into your new life with the knowledge and skills you’ve developed. The variety in the types and quantity of food and beverages keeps you moving along from one day to the next.
To order the book or for details on the program, visit Smith’s website, or follow him on Twitter.
Click here for answers to your weight loss questions.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25