Erol Faustin, 12, holding a sign in front of his school.
Twelve-year-old Erol Faustin got a very public lesson on how not to talk to adults, WSVN-TV reports.
Scroll down for news video
When his teacher asked him to remove is book bag, he cursed at her. “He told her he doesn’t give an ‘f,’ ‘b,’” revealed Lisette Lopez, the boy’s mother. “Those words are not acceptable in my house,” she added. The pre-teen’s foul-mouthed response got him suspended from James S. Rickards Middle School in Oakland Park, Fla., for three days. But his mother did not feel that was a strong enough punishment.
So, she made Erol hold a a sign in front of the entire school that read, in part: “I disrespected my teacher. I would like to apologize not only to that teacher but to all adults.” For each of the three days he is suspended, Erol will hold the sign during morning hours and at dismissal.
Lopez, who accuses Faustin of acting like “more of a class clown” during the current school year, insisted that she has tried having long talks with Faustin, and has even taken him to counseling, all to no avail. “He’s had support from the after school community,” she said. The sign, she insisted, is being used as a last resort and not to humiliate him in front of his peers.
“This isn’t for a punishment,” said Lopez. “It’s for him to understand that I’ve tried everything I could and if this is what it takes, then this is what it takes.”
Lopez said that Faustin’s father has a criminal record, and she does not want her son to go down the same path.
She added that as an older sibling, Faustin has a responsibility to refrain from immature acts. “He has a younger sister and brother who look up to him. He needs to be a role model,” she said.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Mom Makes Son Hold Sign As Punishment For Cursing At Teacher