Jamie Foxx refuses to name the mothers of his two daughters because it keeps his personal life out of the tabloids.
The Oscar winning star of “Django Unchained” has two children, Corinne, 18, and Annalise, four, but the identity of their mothers have remained a secret since birth. Foxx insists he has no confidentiality agreement to keep the women from coming forward, but he is glad the information hasn’t leaked since it makes things far less complicated.
“It’s just so cool and calm and that’s all you need… (I) need somebody… who’s not thirsty for what I do,” he told Oprah Winfrey in Sunday’s “Oprah Next Chapter.”
oxx admits he has a similar approach to dating, insisting he won’t date anyone who has a problem keeping their relationship quiet.
Fox lives by the motto, “Whoever you date, don’t let anybody know”, and he explains, “I was dating a girl one time and I’m sick and there was a premiere and she got her dress and she was like, ‘Well, the premiere’s tonight… what are we doing? Because I got this dress.’ And I said, ‘Ok, well you go ahead and go to the premiere and don’t come back,’ because it ain’t about that. To me, in order to make it in this business, it has to be someone who is willing to sacrifice a little bit more than what they would sacrifice in a normal relationship.”
But Foxx isn’t looking to walk down the aisle – because most of his married friends are miserable: “I always wanted to be married, 2.5 kids, wood paneling on the side of the station wagon, but… you get your heart broken one good time, especially for a man, it’s catastrophic.”
And Foxx is convinced most unions are doomed because of the added pressure placed on couples once they become husband and wife.
He says, “I always felt for my friends that got married. I would see them married for five years and then see them start to (crumble), and all of the sudden they’re not married and they’re enemies. Like they hate each other. And then I’m stuck in the middle as their friend and there’s kids involved and it wrecks everything.
“I just don’t want that… I know one couple that is married and they’re happy, but everybody else, they are gnawing their arms off.”
Celebrating Dads Who Make Us Laugh
1. 1. Happy Father's Day to Bill Bellamy who has a daughter, Bailey and son, Baron. (PR Photos)1 of 24
2. 2. Happy Father's Day to our own funny man, J. Anthony Brown, father of three. (TJMS)2 of 24
3. 3. Happy Father's Day to D.L. Hughley, father of three - Tyler, Ryan and Kyle. (PR Photos)3 of 24
4. 4. Happy Father's Day to Rickey Smiley who has two biological kids and eight adopted children.4 of 24
5. 5. Happy Father's Day to Katt Williams who has eight children, one biological and seven adopted. (Retna)5 of 24
6. 6. Happy Father's Day to Dave Chappelle, father of three - two sons, Sulayman and Ibrahim and daughter Sonal. (Retna)6 of 24
7. 7. Happy Father's Day to Charlie Murphy, father of two, Xavier and Ava. (PR Photos)7 of 24
8. 8. Happy Father's Day to Paul Mooney, father of three - Shane, Dwayne and Daryl. (PR Photos)8 of 24
9. 9. Happy Father's Day to Mark Curry, father of two daughters. (PR Photos)9 of 24
10. 10. Happy Father's Day to Sinbad, father of two - a son and a daughter. (PR Photos)10 of 24
11. 11. Happy Father's Day to Cedric the Entertainer, father of three - Croix, Lucky Rose and Tiara. (PR Photos)11 of 24
12. 12. Happy Father's Day to Tracy Morgan, father of three sons. (PR PHotos)12 of 24
13. 13. Happy Father's Day to Chris Tucker who has a son, Destin Christopher Tucker. (PR Photos)13 of 24
14. 14. Happy Father's Day to Eddie Murphy, Dad of 8 - Christian,Eric, Bria, Shayne Audra, Myles, Bella Zahra, Zola Ivy & Angel Iris.14 of 24
15. 15. Happy Father's Day to Kevin Hart, father of two - Heaven Lee and Hendrix. (PR Photos)15 of 24
16. 16. Happy Father's Day to Chris Rock, father of two daughers - Lola Simone and Zahra Savannah. (PR Photos)16 of 24
17. 17. Happy Father's Day to Damon Wayans, father of four - Damon Jr., Michael, Cara Mia and Kyla. (PR Photos)17 of 24
18. 18. Happy Father's Day to Shawn Wayans, father of three - Laila, Illia and Marlon. (AP)18 of 24
19. 19. Happy Father's Day to Marlon Wayans, father of two - Shawn Howell and Amai Zackary. (PR Photos)19 of 24
20. 20. Happy Father's Day to Keenen Ivory Wayans, father of five - Jolie, Nala, Keenen, Jr., Bella and Daphne. (PR)20 of 24
21. 21. Happy Father's Day to Bill Cosby, father to Erika, Erinn, Ensa, Evin and Son Ennis who passed away. (AP)21 of 24
22. 22. Happy Father's Day to John Witherspoon who has two sons - John David and Alexander (David Letterman is their Godfather). (PR)22 of 24
23. 23. Happy Father's Day to Martin Lawrence, father of three daughters - Jasmine, Iyanna and Amara Trinity. (PR)23 of 24
24. 24. Happy Father's Day to Flex Alexander, father of two - daughter Imani Shekinah Alexander-Knox and son Elijah Alexander-Knox.24 of 24