When NBC pre-empted Sunday Night Football to broadcast President Barack Obama’s heartfelt address to nation about the tragic massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, racists quickly took to Twitter.
“Take that n****r off the tv, we wanna watch football!” one bigot tweeted.
“Obama you stupid sand n****r get off my tv,” another racist complained. “Your just making the families hurt and miss their kids more and I want to watch football.”
“Damn n*****r takes up my football time,” an idiot commented.
“This n****r interrupted football game,” added one more Obama hater.
I think you get the point.
There were dozens of similar ugly racial comments streaming through Twitter and over the Internet on Sunday from bigots who were totally unsympathetic to the families who lost 20 children and six adults when an insane gunman, Adam Lanza, opened fire inside an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut last week.
At a time when most Americans came together to support the residents of Newtown, there were racists who represented the darkest side of humanity. How can so many people be so callous in the wake of an unspeakable tragedy?
These racists didn’t vote for Obama in November and they never wanted to see a black man in the White House anyway. But Monday’s collective racial tirade took on a decidedly different tone than the usual run-of-the-mill racial hatred.
This was even more despicable because these racists would rather blame Obama for pre-empting a few minutes of the 49ers-Patriots game instead of standing with those families who were mourning their loved ones.
“Whatever measure of comfort we can provide, we will provide,” Obama told a solemn audience in Newtown Sunday night.
“Whatever portion of sadness we can share with you to ease this heavy load, we will gladly bear,” the president told them. “Newtown, you are not alone.”
“No single law, no set of laws, can eliminate evil from the world or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society,” Obama said. “But that can’t be an excuse for inaction. Surely we can do better than this.”
Hatred toward Obama is intensifying and Sunday’s racial outbursts are indicative of how racial attitudes toward the president are emerging at an alarming rate.
Since Obama took office in 2008, the number of hate groups has increased significantly across America. Hate organizations grew at a staggering 755 percent in the first three years of Obama’s tenure in the White House.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks white supremacist groups, there are currently 1,018 active hate groups in the United States. Hate group activities can include criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Georgia, according to the Center, has the second-largest number of hate groups in country. California leads the nation with 84 hate groups.
“Really? can’t even watch sunday night football cuz our n****r prez has to talk, really?” tweeted one irate football fan.
Among the white supremacist groups that are on the rise in America include White Aryan Resistance, the United Klans of America, the White Patriot Party Militia and the Aryan Nations.
Many of these so-called “patriot” groups claim to be about God and country, but they coldheartedly – and conveniently – seem to overlook the concept of national solidarity while Obama occupies the White House.
If you want to read more of these racists comments about Obama, click onto deadspin.com.
Frankly, I’ve read enough.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25