When NBC pre-empted Sunday Night Football to broadcast President Barack Obama’s heartfelt address to nation about the tragic massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, racists quickly took to Twitter.
“Take that n****r off the tv, we wanna watch football!” one bigot tweeted.
“Obama you stupid sand n****r get off my tv,” another racist complained. “Your just making the families hurt and miss their kids more and I want to watch football.”
“Damn n*****r takes up my football time,” an idiot commented.
“This n****r interrupted football game,” added one more Obama hater.
I think you get the point.
There were dozens of similar ugly racial comments streaming through Twitter and over the Internet on Sunday from bigots who were totally unsympathetic to the families who lost 20 children and six adults when an insane gunman, Adam Lanza, opened fire inside an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut last week.
At a time when most Americans came together to support the residents of Newtown, there were racists who represented the darkest side of humanity. How can so many people be so callous in the wake of an unspeakable tragedy?
These racists didn’t vote for Obama in November and they never wanted to see a black man in the White House anyway. But Monday’s collective racial tirade took on a decidedly different tone than the usual run-of-the-mill racial hatred.
This was even more despicable because these racists would rather blame Obama for pre-empting a few minutes of the 49ers-Patriots game instead of standing with those families who were mourning their loved ones.
“Whatever measure of comfort we can provide, we will provide,” Obama told a solemn audience in Newtown Sunday night.
“Whatever portion of sadness we can share with you to ease this heavy load, we will gladly bear,” the president told them. “Newtown, you are not alone.”
“No single law, no set of laws, can eliminate evil from the world or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society,” Obama said. “But that can’t be an excuse for inaction. Surely we can do better than this.”
Hatred toward Obama is intensifying and Sunday’s racial outbursts are indicative of how racial attitudes toward the president are emerging at an alarming rate.
Since Obama took office in 2008, the number of hate groups has increased significantly across America. Hate organizations grew at a staggering 755 percent in the first three years of Obama’s tenure in the White House.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks white supremacist groups, there are currently 1,018 active hate groups in the United States. Hate group activities can include criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Georgia, according to the Center, has the second-largest number of hate groups in country. California leads the nation with 84 hate groups.
“Really? can’t even watch sunday night football cuz our n****r prez has to talk, really?” tweeted one irate football fan.
Among the white supremacist groups that are on the rise in America include White Aryan Resistance, the United Klans of America, the White Patriot Party Militia and the Aryan Nations.
Many of these so-called “patriot” groups claim to be about God and country, but they coldheartedly – and conveniently – seem to overlook the concept of national solidarity while Obama occupies the White House.
If you want to read more of these racists comments about Obama, click onto deadspin.com.
Frankly, I’ve read enough.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31