When NBC pre-empted Sunday Night Football to broadcast President Barack Obama’s heartfelt address to nation about the tragic massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, racists quickly took to Twitter.
“Take that n****r off the tv, we wanna watch football!” one bigot tweeted.
“Obama you stupid sand n****r get off my tv,” another racist complained. “Your just making the families hurt and miss their kids more and I want to watch football.”
“Damn n*****r takes up my football time,” an idiot commented.
“This n****r interrupted football game,” added one more Obama hater.
I think you get the point.
There were dozens of similar ugly racial comments streaming through Twitter and over the Internet on Sunday from bigots who were totally unsympathetic to the families who lost 20 children and six adults when an insane gunman, Adam Lanza, opened fire inside an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut last week.
At a time when most Americans came together to support the residents of Newtown, there were racists who represented the darkest side of humanity. How can so many people be so callous in the wake of an unspeakable tragedy?
These racists didn’t vote for Obama in November and they never wanted to see a black man in the White House anyway. But Monday’s collective racial tirade took on a decidedly different tone than the usual run-of-the-mill racial hatred.
This was even more despicable because these racists would rather blame Obama for pre-empting a few minutes of the 49ers-Patriots game instead of standing with those families who were mourning their loved ones.
“Whatever measure of comfort we can provide, we will provide,” Obama told a solemn audience in Newtown Sunday night.
“Whatever portion of sadness we can share with you to ease this heavy load, we will gladly bear,” the president told them. “Newtown, you are not alone.”
“No single law, no set of laws, can eliminate evil from the world or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society,” Obama said. “But that can’t be an excuse for inaction. Surely we can do better than this.”
Hatred toward Obama is intensifying and Sunday’s racial outbursts are indicative of how racial attitudes toward the president are emerging at an alarming rate.
Since Obama took office in 2008, the number of hate groups has increased significantly across America. Hate organizations grew at a staggering 755 percent in the first three years of Obama’s tenure in the White House.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks white supremacist groups, there are currently 1,018 active hate groups in the United States. Hate group activities can include criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Georgia, according to the Center, has the second-largest number of hate groups in country. California leads the nation with 84 hate groups.
“Really? can’t even watch sunday night football cuz our n****r prez has to talk, really?” tweeted one irate football fan.
Among the white supremacist groups that are on the rise in America include White Aryan Resistance, the United Klans of America, the White Patriot Party Militia and the Aryan Nations.
Many of these so-called “patriot” groups claim to be about God and country, but they coldheartedly – and conveniently – seem to overlook the concept of national solidarity while Obama occupies the White House.
If you want to read more of these racists comments about Obama, click onto deadspin.com.
Frankly, I’ve read enough.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30