Like many current recording artists, Keyshia Cole started out as a singer. But with the current realities of the music business, she’s had to become more than that. The 31-year-old Oakland native moved to L.A. to pursue a singing career, eventually signing with A&M Records. Cole was raised by her adoptive parents until finding her birth mother, Frankie some years ago. All of this has been detailed via her various media platforms. Here’s a look at Keyshia’s multimedia career thus far.
Cole released her first CD “The Way It Is” in 2005. It went platinum, establishing her very quickly as one of the new guard of R&B vocalists. Since then she’s released four more, including “Woman to Woman” her latest in November. The single “Trust and Believe” is the one Cole performed recently on “Black Girls Rock.” Cole says she is planning a “Woman to Woman” tour in 2013 and hopes to put together an all-female lineup of strong singers.
Cole’s TV presence has been a significant part of her career. In 2006, Cole’s BET reality show “The Way It Is” began with an initial six-episode run documenting her career and her fractured relationship with several members of her family including her birth mother. The show proved so successful that BET doubled the episodes and it ran for three full seasons from 2006-2008. Frankie and Neffe, Cole’s mother and sister got their own spin-off show as well. Cole took a hiatus from TV to focus on family and career having a son with Cleveland Cavaliers player Daniel “Boobie” Gibson in 2010. In 2011, the couple married and now star in a new BET reality show “Keyshia and Daniel: Family First.” It airs on BET on Tuesday nights at 10 p.m.
You can find Cole on the web @KeyshiaCole. She has over 146,000 followers and is active on Twitter, often responding to and retweeting fans. Just recently when photos surfaced of a woman that looked like her performing oral sex, Cole took to Twitter to deny she was the woman pictured and to chastise fans who believed it was her. (Another Twitter user admitted to being the woman in the picture.) Cole also posts on Instagram under the account KeyshiaCole. Her official website www.keyshiacole.com is regularly updated with current news and information.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 29
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 29
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 29
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 29
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 29
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 29
8. new new
8 of 29
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 29
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 29
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 29
12 of 29
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 29
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 29
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 29
16. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
16 of 29
17. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
17 of 29
18. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
18 of 29
19. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
19 of 29
20 of 29
21. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
21 of 29
22. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
22 of 29
23. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
23 of 29
24. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
24 of 29
25. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
25 of 29
26. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
26 of 29
27. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
27 of 29
28. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
28 of 29
29. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell