Like many current recording artists, Keyshia Cole started out as a singer. But with the current realities of the music business, she’s had to become more than that. The 31-year-old Oakland native moved to L.A. to pursue a singing career, eventually signing with A&M Records. Cole was raised by her adoptive parents until finding her birth mother, Frankie some years ago. All of this has been detailed via her various media platforms. Here’s a look at Keyshia’s multimedia career thus far.
Cole released her first CD “The Way It Is” in 2005. It went platinum, establishing her very quickly as one of the new guard of R&B vocalists. Since then she’s released four more, including “Woman to Woman” her latest in November. The single “Trust and Believe” is the one Cole performed recently on “Black Girls Rock.” Cole says she is planning a “Woman to Woman” tour in 2013 and hopes to put together an all-female lineup of strong singers.
Cole’s TV presence has been a significant part of her career. In 2006, Cole’s BET reality show “The Way It Is” began with an initial six-episode run documenting her career and her fractured relationship with several members of her family including her birth mother. The show proved so successful that BET doubled the episodes and it ran for three full seasons from 2006-2008. Frankie and Neffe, Cole’s mother and sister got their own spin-off show as well. Cole took a hiatus from TV to focus on family and career having a son with Cleveland Cavaliers player Daniel “Boobie” Gibson in 2010. In 2011, the couple married and now star in a new BET reality show “Keyshia and Daniel: Family First.” It airs on BET on Tuesday nights at 10 p.m.
You can find Cole on the web @KeyshiaCole. She has over 146,000 followers and is active on Twitter, often responding to and retweeting fans. Just recently when photos surfaced of a woman that looked like her performing oral sex, Cole took to Twitter to deny she was the woman pictured and to chastise fans who believed it was her. (Another Twitter user admitted to being the woman in the picture.) Cole also posts on Instagram under the account KeyshiaCole. Her official website www.keyshiacole.com is regularly updated with current news and information.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂