Almost three years ago, you may recall I talked about the End of the World based on the apocalyptic movie called 2012.
The movie, which many have seen since, played off the hype of people runnin’ around saying that the world was going to end a little over three years from then.
The film’s premise was centered around the Mayan calendar, some ancient ‘end times’ prophecies, New Age ideology and other astrological occurrences that point to December 21, 2012 as being the ‘end of our world as we know it.’
Well, the bad news is pretty obvious that date is only two weeks away.But here’s what may be the good news. You can save a whole lotta money on Xmas presents since, apparently, we won’t be needing ‘em.
And just to let you know, I have faith we’ll all still be around for Xmas, broke and happy as always. That said, I want to talk about this to stress the point that, no matter what day we ultimately make our exit from here, it’s what we do for the time we’re here that truly counts.
Putting a time limit on how much life we might have left changes things. Everything becomes more precious when we look at life from this perspective, forcing us to immediately determine what and who is really important, and how we want to spend the rest of our lives.
So if we really believed the world could end in two weeks, imagine not only what we ‘d do before then, but imagine how incredible and beautiful the world would be if we woke up on Dec 22nd and we were all still here.
Everyone would be overjoyed just to be alive. The holiday wouldn’t be about commercialism, presents or how many gifts we gave or received it would be a holiday that would once again be celebrated for its original meaning, which was the gift of life.
We’d all see each other differently as the Xmas spirit would take on true meaning. Rich and poor, young and old, black and white, even Democrat and Republican would be in the same boat, happy to be alive. (okay, maybe the Republicans would need a yacht but you get the point!
So just in case there’s a chance the world is going to end on the 21st, here’s what I’m going to recommend. Prioritize what and who makes you happy and enjoy it, and them, for your remaining two weeks.
And then, when you wake up on December 22, 2012, start all over and do it again.
I’ll end with this, I’ll give to you the same timely quote from Mark Twain that I used back in 2009, It goes like this:
“Dance like nobody’s watching; Love like you’ve never been hurt; Sing like nobody’s listening; and Live like it’s heaven on earth.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31