In a society that seems only to idolize what’s new and young, it can be hard to accept seeing the signs of time on our faces and bodies.
Thankfully, we live in an era of being able to fix, hide or camouflage just about anything. However, one thing remains true, you can lie about your age, refuse to tell your age and even successfully mask your age but in the end, age is about far more than just the way we look.
EXAMINE YOUR VIEWS ON WHAT’S OLD
Remember when you were in first grade, your teacher seemed old. In our teens, 20’s were intriguing, yet light years away from anything we could fathom. Life has a way of changing and expanding what we consider old the closer we approach that age. It’s amazing how young 70 seems when you’re in your 50’s.
SEPARATE HOW YOU LOOK FROM HOW YOU FEEL
It’s pointless to compete with your younger self. Stop comparing how you look today with how you looked in your twenties. Over time, looks fade. That’s not always the easiest fact of life to make friends with, but one that must be respected. It’s great to celebrate youth and beauty, but be careful to understand that neither of those things define you. Maintaining a fit body by eating well and exercising can help you stay healthy, which is one key to feeling beautiful at any age.
EXERCISE TO EXORCISE SELF DOUBT
Keeping your body agile and in shape helps to keep you looking your best at any age. Yoga and Pilates help to keep the body stretched, toned and limber, while also relaxing the mind. When you’re taking good care of yourself, it shows.
Involvement keeps us young. Volunteer. Mentor a young coworker. Sharing the beauty of who you are is a good way to stay eternally young.
EMBRACE A NEW BLISS
Find a new hobby, a new interest, something you’ve wanted to do before but may not have had the time for. Enjoyment and exhilaration never fade. Beware of letting your age dictate your willingness to learn new things and have new exciting experiences.
ACCEPT YOURSELF, EXPRESS YOURSELF
You’ve earned the right to wear your age proudly. Refuse to accept society’s definition of what’s beautiful. Don’t apologize for those smile lines or crows feet. Don’t be afraid
or shy about expressing the fact that you love and totally accept yourself exactly as you are.
Fighting with the notion of getting older is a foolish battle. When you look around, do you find yourself surrounded by friends, a loving spouse, children and grandchildren? Do you see the fruit of things you took time to cultivate over time? Pause to value all of the gifts and blessings in your life. Feel good about feeling good. Thank the Creator for bringing you this far. Celebrate every beautiful sunrise you’ve been graced to see.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading How To Age Gracefully & Graciously