After a string of run-ins with the law and being kicked out of a Seattle hotel with his family, troubled funnyman, Katt Williams, tearfully announced his retirement from stand-up comedy toSeattle’s KOMO.
“I’m just gonna go ahead and announce my retirement from standup, I’m kinda done,” Williams said. “I’ve discussed it with my kids, I wasn’t gonna do in the middle of a Seattle street, I was going to go to Los Angeles and do it in the offices of ICM or LiveNation.”
See Williams’ retirement announcement below:
The comedian also struck back at law enforcement for painting him as a “menace”:
“This was a place I like to bring my kids and let them do stuff without people caring who they were,” he said. “I got arrested in front my kids three times in my three days stay in Seattle… And all we were doing was coming into town to sell jokes and police department painted me as some sort of public menace that came to town.”
Williams repeated during the interview that he didn’t have anywhere to stay, after being kicked out of multiple hotels, and offered to place a bid on the historic — and retired – Washington State ferry, the Rhododendron.
“If they will accept our bid… I will take me and my whole staff on that boat because I still have a court date four days from now and can’t leave and I’ve been kicked out of four hotels in two days and I’ve been arrested by three different sets of officers four different times detained by two sets of officers,” he said. “I can stay there [on the ferry] and my family can be there and my dogs can be there and my whole staff can be there until we get done suing Seattle for this $50 million that I want for crippling my reputation as a father and a black man and as a taxpaying citizen and as a person who is not a convicted felon.”
As previously reported byNewsOne, in the last few weeks alone, Williams has been arrested on battery charges, faces felony evasion charges, slapped a Target employee in the face, and had to be bailed out of jail by Suge Knight after an altercation in a Seattle bar. According to KOMO, a group of fans allege that Williams assaulted them after a show Friday night.
In an exclusive statement to NewsOne, a former acquaintance of the comedian says that people are exploiting the comedian knowing that he is in a fragile mental state — and this person fears for his life:
“Unfortunately Katt no longer has material because he’s in such a dark place he can’t come up with jokes. It speaks to the greed of Live Nation that they would even continue to book him shows being aware of his illness and drug use, and letting him embarrass himself on camera in front of the world. I hope he can find professional help otherwise we will wake up one day to hearing of his death either via suicide or homicide.”
Williams looks emotionally and physically exhausted in the brief interview. Only time will tell if his spontaneous retirement lasts, but we hope he gets the rest and support he needs during what is obviously a painful time in his life.
We’re still rooting for you, Katt!
Celebs Who Break-Up to Make-Up
1. Teddy and Tina CampbellSource:Tina Campbell Instagram 1 of 17
2. Gabrielle Union-Wade and Dwayne WadeSource:Gabrielle Union Wade Instagram 2 of 17
3. Keyshia Cole and Daniel GibsonSource:YouTube screenshot 3 of 17
4. Kourtney Kardashian and Scott DisickSource:Kourtney Instagram 4 of 17
5. Chris Brown and KarruecheSource:Chris Brown Instagram 5 of 17
6. Robert De Niro and Grace HightowerSource:(PR) 6 of 17
7. Diddy and Kim Porter7 of 17
8. Omar Epps and Keisha SpiveySource:(PR) 8 of 17
9. Snoop Dogg and ShanteSource:(PR) 9 of 17
10. Rihanna and Chris BrownSource:(PR) 10 of 17
11. Fantasia Barrino and Antwaun CookSource:(Twitter) 11 of 17
12. Laura GovanSource:(PR) 12 of 17
13. Kobe and Vanessa Bryant13 of 17
14. Rapper Fabolous and girlfriend Emily B14 of 17
15. Joseline and Stevie J15 of 17
16. Jessica Biel and Justin TimberlakeSource:(PR) 16 of 17
17. Pink and Carey HartSource:(PR) 17 of 17