This week's "Real Father, Real Men" winner is Pastor Troy who is being rewarded a projector.
Dear Tom Joyner,
I would like to nominate my husband Pastor Troy McNulty as a Real Father/Real Man. Troy and I met the day after I came back from a missionary trip to Africa in 2006. I was in our local Wal-Mart getting pictures from the trip developed. As I turned to tell my daughter and niece how to say “thank you and you’re welcome” in the language I learned, Troy appeared out of nowhere and said, excuse me did you say Africa? Have you been there/are you going?" I informed him that I had just returned from Ghana. He began to sing African songs and tell me how he had gone to Zimbabwe on a missionary trip years ago. He had also founded and pastored an African church while living in Missouri.
We continued to talk and in the conversation, he said he was there to develop a picture from his son’s football game earlier in the day. As it turns out my daughter was a cheerleader for the same high school. Looking through his photos, he captured both of our children in the same shot. I never saw him at the game, but he would have had to be standing right next to me to get that shot!! One of my friends said God was trying to get you to together all day. We were married on December 22, 2010, four years later on the anniversary of our first date. (If he had his way, we would’ve been married the same year we met.)
Troy has always shown great love, kindness and cares for my three children and treats them as his very own. From showing my then two-year-old son how he’s supposed to treat women (don’t ever hit a girl, open & hold doors for women, etc.), to driving my youngest daughter from Hartford to Harlem for her basketball tournaments (by the way, she’s enjoying a full basketball scholarship majoring in psychology) to sleeping by my oldest daughter’s hospital bed for two weeks after a brutal attack (only leaving her side to go to work and back) who I am so proud to say has physically recovered and is a senior majoring in criminal justice.
Pastor Troy also has a heart for people, especially hurting people. He makes it his business to get out to the scene of a homicide to comfort the families and friends of those affected. He visits with them and facilitates prayer vigils. Unfortunately, in 2011, New Haven was named the 4th most dangerous city in the nation. Pastor Troy has been to over 49 homicides in the past 2 ½ years. He is trying to make a difference the lives of many people, focusing on the young African-American male. When they first encounter him, they think he’s a cop, and then when he says "I’m Pastor Troy." they crack up. When they began to open up, they find that he is real, genuine and truly cares.
One thing that I know Pastor Troy really wants is a portable projector to use when he is out teaching and preaching.
Thank you so, much Mr. Joyner
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30