This week's "Real Father, Real Men" winner is Pastor Troy who is being rewarded a projector.
Dear Tom Joyner,
I would like to nominate my husband Pastor Troy McNulty as a Real Father/Real Man. Troy and I met the day after I came back from a missionary trip to Africa in 2006. I was in our local Wal-Mart getting pictures from the trip developed. As I turned to tell my daughter and niece how to say “thank you and you’re welcome” in the language I learned, Troy appeared out of nowhere and said, excuse me did you say Africa? Have you been there/are you going?" I informed him that I had just returned from Ghana. He began to sing African songs and tell me how he had gone to Zimbabwe on a missionary trip years ago. He had also founded and pastored an African church while living in Missouri.
We continued to talk and in the conversation, he said he was there to develop a picture from his son’s football game earlier in the day. As it turns out my daughter was a cheerleader for the same high school. Looking through his photos, he captured both of our children in the same shot. I never saw him at the game, but he would have had to be standing right next to me to get that shot!! One of my friends said God was trying to get you to together all day. We were married on December 22, 2010, four years later on the anniversary of our first date. (If he had his way, we would’ve been married the same year we met.)
Troy has always shown great love, kindness and cares for my three children and treats them as his very own. From showing my then two-year-old son how he’s supposed to treat women (don’t ever hit a girl, open & hold doors for women, etc.), to driving my youngest daughter from Hartford to Harlem for her basketball tournaments (by the way, she’s enjoying a full basketball scholarship majoring in psychology) to sleeping by my oldest daughter’s hospital bed for two weeks after a brutal attack (only leaving her side to go to work and back) who I am so proud to say has physically recovered and is a senior majoring in criminal justice.
Pastor Troy also has a heart for people, especially hurting people. He makes it his business to get out to the scene of a homicide to comfort the families and friends of those affected. He visits with them and facilitates prayer vigils. Unfortunately, in 2011, New Haven was named the 4th most dangerous city in the nation. Pastor Troy has been to over 49 homicides in the past 2 ½ years. He is trying to make a difference the lives of many people, focusing on the young African-American male. When they first encounter him, they think he’s a cop, and then when he says "I’m Pastor Troy." they crack up. When they began to open up, they find that he is real, genuine and truly cares.
One thing that I know Pastor Troy really wants is a portable projector to use when he is out teaching and preaching.
Thank you so, much Mr. Joyner
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25