This week's "Real Father, Real Men" winner is Pastor Troy who is being rewarded a projector.
Dear Tom Joyner,
I would like to nominate my husband Pastor Troy McNulty as a Real Father/Real Man. Troy and I met the day after I came back from a missionary trip to Africa in 2006. I was in our local Wal-Mart getting pictures from the trip developed. As I turned to tell my daughter and niece how to say “thank you and you’re welcome” in the language I learned, Troy appeared out of nowhere and said, excuse me did you say Africa? Have you been there/are you going?" I informed him that I had just returned from Ghana. He began to sing African songs and tell me how he had gone to Zimbabwe on a missionary trip years ago. He had also founded and pastored an African church while living in Missouri.
We continued to talk and in the conversation, he said he was there to develop a picture from his son’s football game earlier in the day. As it turns out my daughter was a cheerleader for the same high school. Looking through his photos, he captured both of our children in the same shot. I never saw him at the game, but he would have had to be standing right next to me to get that shot!! One of my friends said God was trying to get you to together all day. We were married on December 22, 2010, four years later on the anniversary of our first date. (If he had his way, we would’ve been married the same year we met.)
Troy has always shown great love, kindness and cares for my three children and treats them as his very own. From showing my then two-year-old son how he’s supposed to treat women (don’t ever hit a girl, open & hold doors for women, etc.), to driving my youngest daughter from Hartford to Harlem for her basketball tournaments (by the way, she’s enjoying a full basketball scholarship majoring in psychology) to sleeping by my oldest daughter’s hospital bed for two weeks after a brutal attack (only leaving her side to go to work and back) who I am so proud to say has physically recovered and is a senior majoring in criminal justice.
Pastor Troy also has a heart for people, especially hurting people. He makes it his business to get out to the scene of a homicide to comfort the families and friends of those affected. He visits with them and facilitates prayer vigils. Unfortunately, in 2011, New Haven was named the 4th most dangerous city in the nation. Pastor Troy has been to over 49 homicides in the past 2 ½ years. He is trying to make a difference the lives of many people, focusing on the young African-American male. When they first encounter him, they think he’s a cop, and then when he says "I’m Pastor Troy." they crack up. When they began to open up, they find that he is real, genuine and truly cares.
One thing that I know Pastor Troy really wants is a portable projector to use when he is out teaching and preaching.
Thank you so, much Mr. Joyner
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31