TV is a good place for Black women these days. There are housewives, basketball wives, rap stars' wives and more. Black women make their presence known on scripted TV as well, showing off their acting chops as well as their versatility. Vanessa Williams has now been on three straight hit TV shows, so it’s clear that she’s just one example of the expanding opportunities. The other great thing about black women on TV is that maturity is no object. The grown and sexy are representing on television, with several ladies over 40 who prove that getting older doesn’t mean getting stale. Here’s our list of the top MILF’s on TV – as in Mature Women Individuals Would Love to Fondle…
VANESSA WILLIAMS-“666 Park Avenue” ABC, Sundays at 10 p.m
She may turn 50 next year, but that hardly turns down the hotness factor. Williams has been a certified banger for about 25 years, ever since she became the first Black Miss America. Now that she’s on her third straight TV show, ABC’s spooky “666 Park Avenue,” her biggest fans can see her every week as Olivia Doran, the wife of the building’s mysterious owner, Gavin Doran (played by Terry O’Quinn of “Lost”). The two hire a younger couple to manage their luxury apartment building, but they soon find themselves in a “Devil’s Advocate” meets “The Firm” kind of situation. Through all the drama, Williams, who gets to wear fabulous designer clothes each episode, looks fabulous.
TARAJI P. HENSON– “Person of Interest” CBS Thursdays at 9 p.m.
Taraji P. Henson is well-known as a 40-something fly chick who’s looked pretty much the same since her days in “Baby Boy.” Since then, she’s starred on stage and screen, picking up an Oscar nom for “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” These days Henson is staying ahead of bad guys on her CBS show “Person of Interest.” She plays Joss Carter, an NYPD detective who works with John Reese (Jim Caviezel) and Harold Finch (Michael Emerson) who use advanced technology to prevent future crimes. Henson doesn’t get the chance to show off her sexy side too much on the show, but we still know it’s there.
GINA TORRES-“Suits” on USA Network returning in January 2013
Torres is taken, guys. Sorry. She’s been married to her “Matrix” co-star Laurence Fishburne for 10 years. Obviously Fishburne knows the “one” when he sees it. Torres plays what must be the sexiest lawyer on national television. The 43-year-old actress, who is of Cuban ancestry, also starred on “The Shield,” but on “Suits” she may have found her best role yet. There aren’t a whole lot of smart and sexy female roles on TV for black women to choose from, but Torres sure has one of them. That’s a win-win for Mrs. Fishburne and a win-win for viewers who like a woman who’s a little more seasoned.
LISARAYE MCCOY– “Single Ladies” on VH1 returning in Summer 2013
She’s been down since “Player’s Club.” LisaRaye McCoy has been many things in her life – single mother, video model, actress, and First Lady of Turks and Caicos – but she’s always been hotter than July. The Chicago native, now in her 40’s, stars on one of VH1’s few scripted shows. Fortunately for her fans, she gets many chances to show off how well she’s taking care of herself since she’s usually a part of the show’s sexiest love scenes. Her storyline heated up last season when she juggled two suitors so you can expect even more of those when the show returns next summer.
NICOLE MURPHY-“Hollywood Exes” on VH1 returns in 2013
Who would have thought that Eddie Murphy’s ex-wife would be such a cool chick? Oh, not to mention that the 40-something mother of five (?!) is also gorgeous. The hazel-eyed biracial beauty has recently been linked with NFL-star-turned-TV-personality Michael Strahan, but recent reports suggest that the two have broken up. So there’s still hope. The star and creator of “Hollywood Exes” gets more TV time when the show returns for a second season next year with new ex, Daphne Wayans, on board. Should be fun….
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/7-10/14)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Nite | to the tune of @cnn 😞
1 of 25
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.
16 of 25
17. On set of #beingmaryjane like... ❤️😬💃🏾
17 of 25
18. #carouselofhope@yvetteshelton100@makeupbylatrice @thestacetheface@marialuciahohan24
18 of 25
19. I refuse to let a little cold stop me from my daily routines to greatness. #onlythestrongsurvive #warriors
19 of 25
20. Big things begin with big THINKING... #BusinessEthics #SetLife 🎥
20 of 25
21. Goodnight - here's a song
21 of 25
22. Words can't explain the feeling that I have right now.....God is good. look momma I made it. #Harts #Blessed #WhatNow #comedicrockstarshit #4DaysAway
22 of 25
23. I tried to get a better video with out the nasty bib but she started getting mad at me..lol! Big cuz @the_queen_caitlin trying to show her what to do. #MamasToots #HeirBear👑💜
23 of 25
24. Gorgeous Serena joined Beyoncé in Formation last night on stage in New Jersey!!!
24 of 25
25. 😜 @lifeofdesiigner & @rockohill
25 of 25