TV is a good place for Black women these days. There are housewives, basketball wives, rap stars' wives and more. Black women make their presence known on scripted TV as well, showing off their acting chops as well as their versatility. Vanessa Williams has now been on three straight hit TV shows, so it’s clear that she’s just one example of the expanding opportunities. The other great thing about black women on TV is that maturity is no object. The grown and sexy are representing on television, with several ladies over 40 who prove that getting older doesn’t mean getting stale. Here’s our list of the top MILF’s on TV – as in Mature Women Individuals Would Love to Fondle…
VANESSA WILLIAMS-“666 Park Avenue” ABC, Sundays at 10 p.m
She may turn 50 next year, but that hardly turns down the hotness factor. Williams has been a certified banger for about 25 years, ever since she became the first Black Miss America. Now that she’s on her third straight TV show, ABC’s spooky “666 Park Avenue,” her biggest fans can see her every week as Olivia Doran, the wife of the building’s mysterious owner, Gavin Doran (played by Terry O’Quinn of “Lost”). The two hire a younger couple to manage their luxury apartment building, but they soon find themselves in a “Devil’s Advocate” meets “The Firm” kind of situation. Through all the drama, Williams, who gets to wear fabulous designer clothes each episode, looks fabulous.
TARAJI P. HENSON– “Person of Interest” CBS Thursdays at 9 p.m.
Taraji P. Henson is well-known as a 40-something fly chick who’s looked pretty much the same since her days in “Baby Boy.” Since then, she’s starred on stage and screen, picking up an Oscar nom for “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” These days Henson is staying ahead of bad guys on her CBS show “Person of Interest.” She plays Joss Carter, an NYPD detective who works with John Reese (Jim Caviezel) and Harold Finch (Michael Emerson) who use advanced technology to prevent future crimes. Henson doesn’t get the chance to show off her sexy side too much on the show, but we still know it’s there.
GINA TORRES-“Suits” on USA Network returning in January 2013
Torres is taken, guys. Sorry. She’s been married to her “Matrix” co-star Laurence Fishburne for 10 years. Obviously Fishburne knows the “one” when he sees it. Torres plays what must be the sexiest lawyer on national television. The 43-year-old actress, who is of Cuban ancestry, also starred on “The Shield,” but on “Suits” she may have found her best role yet. There aren’t a whole lot of smart and sexy female roles on TV for black women to choose from, but Torres sure has one of them. That’s a win-win for Mrs. Fishburne and a win-win for viewers who like a woman who’s a little more seasoned.
LISARAYE MCCOY– “Single Ladies” on VH1 returning in Summer 2013
She’s been down since “Player’s Club.” LisaRaye McCoy has been many things in her life – single mother, video model, actress, and First Lady of Turks and Caicos – but she’s always been hotter than July. The Chicago native, now in her 40’s, stars on one of VH1’s few scripted shows. Fortunately for her fans, she gets many chances to show off how well she’s taking care of herself since she’s usually a part of the show’s sexiest love scenes. Her storyline heated up last season when she juggled two suitors so you can expect even more of those when the show returns next summer.
NICOLE MURPHY-“Hollywood Exes” on VH1 returns in 2013
Who would have thought that Eddie Murphy’s ex-wife would be such a cool chick? Oh, not to mention that the 40-something mother of five (?!) is also gorgeous. The hazel-eyed biracial beauty has recently been linked with NFL-star-turned-TV-personality Michael Strahan, but recent reports suggest that the two have broken up. So there’s still hope. The star and creator of “Hollywood Exes” gets more TV time when the show returns for a second season next year with new ex, Daphne Wayans, on board. Should be fun….
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31