TV is a good place for Black women these days. There are housewives, basketball wives, rap stars' wives and more. Black women make their presence known on scripted TV as well, showing off their acting chops as well as their versatility. Vanessa Williams has now been on three straight hit TV shows, so it’s clear that she’s just one example of the expanding opportunities. The other great thing about black women on TV is that maturity is no object. The grown and sexy are representing on television, with several ladies over 40 who prove that getting older doesn’t mean getting stale. Here’s our list of the top MILF’s on TV – as in Mature Women Individuals Would Love to Fondle…
VANESSA WILLIAMS-“666 Park Avenue” ABC, Sundays at 10 p.m
She may turn 50 next year, but that hardly turns down the hotness factor. Williams has been a certified banger for about 25 years, ever since she became the first Black Miss America. Now that she’s on her third straight TV show, ABC’s spooky “666 Park Avenue,” her biggest fans can see her every week as Olivia Doran, the wife of the building’s mysterious owner, Gavin Doran (played by Terry O’Quinn of “Lost”). The two hire a younger couple to manage their luxury apartment building, but they soon find themselves in a “Devil’s Advocate” meets “The Firm” kind of situation. Through all the drama, Williams, who gets to wear fabulous designer clothes each episode, looks fabulous.
TARAJI P. HENSON– “Person of Interest” CBS Thursdays at 9 p.m.
Taraji P. Henson is well-known as a 40-something fly chick who’s looked pretty much the same since her days in “Baby Boy.” Since then, she’s starred on stage and screen, picking up an Oscar nom for “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” These days Henson is staying ahead of bad guys on her CBS show “Person of Interest.” She plays Joss Carter, an NYPD detective who works with John Reese (Jim Caviezel) and Harold Finch (Michael Emerson) who use advanced technology to prevent future crimes. Henson doesn’t get the chance to show off her sexy side too much on the show, but we still know it’s there.
GINA TORRES-“Suits” on USA Network returning in January 2013
Torres is taken, guys. Sorry. She’s been married to her “Matrix” co-star Laurence Fishburne for 10 years. Obviously Fishburne knows the “one” when he sees it. Torres plays what must be the sexiest lawyer on national television. The 43-year-old actress, who is of Cuban ancestry, also starred on “The Shield,” but on “Suits” she may have found her best role yet. There aren’t a whole lot of smart and sexy female roles on TV for black women to choose from, but Torres sure has one of them. That’s a win-win for Mrs. Fishburne and a win-win for viewers who like a woman who’s a little more seasoned.
LISARAYE MCCOY– “Single Ladies” on VH1 returning in Summer 2013
She’s been down since “Player’s Club.” LisaRaye McCoy has been many things in her life – single mother, video model, actress, and First Lady of Turks and Caicos – but she’s always been hotter than July. The Chicago native, now in her 40’s, stars on one of VH1’s few scripted shows. Fortunately for her fans, she gets many chances to show off how well she’s taking care of herself since she’s usually a part of the show’s sexiest love scenes. Her storyline heated up last season when she juggled two suitors so you can expect even more of those when the show returns next summer.
NICOLE MURPHY-“Hollywood Exes” on VH1 returns in 2013
Who would have thought that Eddie Murphy’s ex-wife would be such a cool chick? Oh, not to mention that the 40-something mother of five (?!) is also gorgeous. The hazel-eyed biracial beauty has recently been linked with NFL-star-turned-TV-personality Michael Strahan, but recent reports suggest that the two have broken up. So there’s still hope. The star and creator of “Hollywood Exes” gets more TV time when the show returns for a second season next year with new ex, Daphne Wayans, on board. Should be fun….
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30