Thomas Mundy Peterson is known as the first black voter in the United States. America was under a new 15th amendment and Petersen acted quickly. On March 31, 1870, Thomas Mundy Peterson bravely cast his ballot to revise the town’s existing charter. The side he voted for won in a landslide (230-63) and Mundy Peterson was elected to the committee to revise the charter.
- The Hottest Celebrity Instagrams (3/20-3/27)
- Man Gets Arrested After Throwing A Banana Peel At Dave Chappelle On Stage In New Mexico
- U.S. Home Prices Show Modest Increase
- Michelle Obama Sparks Social Media Outrage Over Appearance At 'Black Girls Rock'
- Aaron Hernandez' Fiancee Testifies That She Disposed Of Mystery Box [WATCH]
- Our Top Choices for 'The Wiz' Musical Cast